Here's the link for the Live unveiling of Samsung's Galaxy 4 at 7 PM EDT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Looks like a great device, wouldn't be worth the upgrade for the typical gs3 owner though from what I've read.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Mike:

I don't know if it's a leadership vacuum or if they have decided to litigate rather than innovate but they are steadily losing their way.

By the way this latest stuff is all Samsung and this is what differentiates Android.

Google needs to license this from Samsung.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Ok guys without reading all the info from the unveiling ....

As I mentioned a week or so ago, I may be looking at going to the S3 or S4, from my epic with Sprint service.

What does this mean ?

wouldn't be worth the upgrade for the typical gs3 owner

Should I skip the idea of the S4 and get the S3 instead ?

What kind of price point are they coming up with and did they say when they would be actually available ?

Ok guys without reading all the info from the unveiling ....

As I mentioned a week or so ago, I may be looking at going to the S3 or S4, from my epic with Sprint service.

What does this mean ?

wouldn't be worth the upgrade for the typical gs3 owner

Should I skip the idea of the S4 and get the S3 instead ?

What kind of price point are they coming up with and did they say when they would be actually available ?

Get the S4. It's worth the extra money.

The S3 to S4 jump is smaller, but the feature bump is still pretty big. But most S3 users will be paying full price and that's a bigger pill to swallow.

Cheers,

I wonder if they'll find resistance to the 5" size?
The 1920x1080, 441 pixels per inch screen has me salivating.
Available April; read the Anandtech article for more.

One thing scares me.
The high cost of replacement screens for the S3, even though it's been out so long: $200.

Get the S4. It's worth the extra money.

The S3 to S4 jump is smaller, but the feature bump is still pretty big. But most S3 users will be paying full price and that's a bigger pill to swallow.

Cheers,

Exactly. If you are getting one or the other, get the S4. If you already have the S3, for most, I wouldnt think it would be as big of a deal in light of the price you would have to pay.

I wonder if they'll find resistance to the 5" size?
The 1920x1080, 441 pixels per inch screen has me salivating.
Available April; read the Anandtech article for more.

One thing scares me.
The high cost of replacement screens for the S3, even though it's been out so long: $200.

Only until someone uses the 5" screen.

Very addictive.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

only reason i would upgrade to this sooner than later is if I plan to give my old man my S3 as a gift. otherwise i can wait longer than i have for awhile now on upgrading. what impresses me more about the S4 is the cpu. whichever one they decide to put in is great. the 1.9 ghz quad cpu or the 1.6 ghz OCTA core cpu. oh and the 13mp camera is sweet too.

only reason i would upgrade to this sooner than later is if I plan to give my old man my S3 as a gift. otherwise i can wait longer than i have for awhile now on upgrading. what impresses me more about the S4 is the cpu. whichever one they decide to put in is great. the 1.9 ghz quad cpu or the 1.6 ghz OCTA core cpu. oh and the 13mp camera is sweet too.

I really wish Samsung would stop marketing their latest Exynos as an 8-core CPU. While it does have 8 cores, only 4 are active at any one time.

I like the big.LITTLE architecture but not how it's being marketed.

That's what has been publicized is the quad core snapdragon -- which is by no means crappy.

Not crappy at all. It is a newer version than is out in some phones now. Should provide snappy performance.

am still rocking with my note 2, so pass. But I will consider Note 3 for sure @ 6 Inches + :eek:

Waiting to hear how the voice features work. The Samsung voice on my S3 sucks. I switched the configuration to use google voice for those functions it supports. If they fix the voice, I will sell my S3 and bump up to the 4. They also said that any of the S4 features that the S3 has the power to support will be coming out in an S3 sys upgrade sometime in the future which muddies the water some more.

Waiting to hear how the voice features work. The Samsung voice on my S3 sucks. I switched the configuration to use google voice for those functions it supports. If they fix the voice, I will sell my S3 and bump up to the 4. They also said that any of the S4 features that the S3 has the power to support will be coming out in an S3 sys upgrade sometime in the future which muddies the water some more.

I'll politely disagree with you about muddying the waters. If you aren't on an S3, wait and buy the S4.

If you're on the S3, that's a different matter entirely.

Me? I'm on a Note 2 and just wondering if any of these features will make it to the Note 2.

I'll politely disagree with you about muddying the waters. If you aren't on an S3, wait and buy the S4.

If you're on the S3, that's a different matter entirely.

Me? I'm on a Note 2 and just wondering if any of these features will make it to the Note 2.

My guess they should be able to move everything over from the Note1 to the 2 probably will add more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)