Heroes Season 2 Discussion

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Ok, last year I posted "Does Heroes Live Up to the Hype?" The answer, resoundingly, was YES.

And today, we are off on the beginning of the second Heroes adventure. We will find out what happens to Nathan and Peter; Hiro is in 16th century Japan; Claire Bear gets a boyfriend, and we get a more-evil than Sylar enemy to deal with.

Bring it on! Our discussions - and predictions - for Season 2 begin now!

I'm very eager for Volume 2 to begin. I was a latecomer to Heroes, watching half the season on iTunes and the other half on my DVR, but quickly became addicted.

The show did a nice job of setting up this year's super-villain, with the fear displayed by the child with human tracking capabilities over the one person she won't even try to locate.

As much as I loved the show, I thought the finale was a little anticlimactic and didn't live up the quality of the preceding 21 episodes. (Why would Peter need Nathan to fly him to a safe height, anyway?) I was pleased in reading Entertainment Weekly this weekend to find that the cast and producers agreed and that much bigger and better finale was planned but had to be trimmed back for budget reasons. That tells me the Heroes team is dedicated to producing an even better season, beginning tonight.

I enjoyed the premiere; definitely assumes you were watching last season. I think it was a strong start, but it is also kind of stretched right now, with so much going on with different characters.

Next week looks promising.

INNNN-teresting... It is a little scattered right now. There are a lot of seeming independent stories going on. I really disliked one of the last scenes
WHY DID THEY KILL OFF SULU! My god Jim, he's dead!

On a side note, I kind of enjoyed the ENTIRE Monday line-up! Chuck was funny. I need to see where they take this. And Journeyman was a bizzare take on Quantom Leap (no Ziggy). I have to see where those two go next week, but I enjoyed the pilots.

See ya
Tony

definitely taking us on a rollercoaster again...and as rmh said...cannot miss much or you will be lost lol

but damn monday night is rocking...prison break, heroes, csi: miami...and chuck was a laugh. :D

INNNN-teresting... It is a little scattered right now. There are a lot of seeming independent stories going on. I really disliked one of the last scenes
WHY DID THEY KILL OFF SULU! My god Jim, he's dead!

On a side note, I kind of enjoyed the ENTIRE Monday line-up! Chuck was funny. I need to see where they take this. And Journeyman was a bizzare take on Quantom Leap (no Ziggy). I have to see where those two go next week, but I enjoyed the pilots.

See ya
Tony

ah but its heroes; I thought that Peter was dead at the end of last season :)

She seems to be able to get people's blood pressure up a great deal. We still don't know what exactly what it is that she does, but all of those dead men had blood coming out of there eyes and ears.

I wish they'd do less soap opera and spend more time being heroes. I was hoping the previous season would bring them all together to form some kind of justice league.

i love the way they are doing it. trying to keep seceret, joining forces all secretly from one another to take on 1.) "the company" and 2.) the bad guys ie sylar or this new guy.

if they joined a team then everyone would know they are here and would become an xman, superman, type show

I have decided that this show demands my full attention when watching; no SatelliteGuys while watching, no nothing but Heroes. :)

I enjoyed last night's episode.

I thought it would have been funny if Claire's toe did not grow back

I know in a month they will do a flashback episode to show us what happen after Peter blew up; it will be interesting to see how 1) he lived; and 2) he ended up in Ireland.

But you gotta love his new lass. ;)

They better step it up here... not as strong as last years.

I know if someone that wouldn't have watched last year and they tried to jump in they would have stopped watching before last night's episode.

At the same time, I think the beginning ofd last year's show required a lot of concentration.

I am enjoying it 100X's more now on DVD; paying close attention to the story - and yes, benefitting from knowing where it is going. Hell, in the first 10 episodes, I thought Claire's dad was really the bad guy.

I like where the show is going, except I think there are too many story-lines right now. And adding new heroes isn't necessarily helping things, in my mind.

They better step it up here... not as strong as last years.

I know if someone that wouldn't have watched last year and they tried to jump in they would have stopped watching before last night's episode.

I actually thought the opposite. I thought this season started out so much stronger than last year. I remember when season one first started, I thought the show was kind of lame, it was some kind of x-men want-to-be. They spent a few episodes just to introduce everyone and their powers. I was fully hooked only after 4 or 5 episodes down the road.

I actually thought the opposite. I thought this season started out so much stronger than last year. I remember when season one first started, I thought the show was kind of lame, it was some kind of x-men want-to-be. They spent a few episodes just to introduce everyone and their powers. I was fully hooked only after 4 or 5 episodes down the road.

I was also hooked last year... by far the best TV network series I've seen in YEARS! I have also been watching the DVD's picking up on all the little things.

Some ADD is kicking in a little bit during the shows due to all the stories though. Maybe I'm just depressed I haven't seen Ali yet? ;)