Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
found this listed on *bay

12-FOOT PARACLIPSE SATELLITE DISH TV SYSTEM

its in california but it has a H 2 H motor :)

paraclipse

to bad gas prices are high :)

wonder how long would it take me to roll this one home ? :D

Attachments

• paraclipse.jpg
    paraclipse.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
A Paraclipse? Aren't they in the A+ category, with few others?
That close to home? 85 miles, according to Google Maps.
And with an H-H drive? (which I can see in the pictures)
I almost wet my pants - :eek:

Someone tell thomas34461usa in Florida, and see if he wants to come get it? - ;)

Someone tell thomas34461usa in Florida, and see if he wants to come get it? - ;)

Yep, in the same class with Birdviews!

Go for it!!!! :)

It'd cost $200 to move it here. ;)

And a 12 footer?
I'd have been fine with something around 8.5'... omg !

Geez, I'll have to put up or shut up.
Well, I'll keep my eye on it, and see if it sells.
If not, maybe I'll contact the guy and negotiate.

Oh, and thanks for thinking of me, George.! - :up

Ya know, QWERT1515 is right here in LA , too.
Wonder if he has the space for one?

In the mean time, I'll talk to my friends and see if any want to help, lend a truck, etc.
But, twelve feet! OMG !

I heard that!

Well I guess I could go see my cousin in CA in Lake Tahoe! Thats too far for even me guys. BTW did you happen to see the SatelliteGuys Birdview award for Travel. I think Fred ~ Linuxman should win it! Its on the page 6 or 7 of Journal of two dishes going up!

OK you can color me crazy for going to TX from Fl to get a dish but I haven't been on a vatcation in years!

Thanks,
Tom
:D

i have a paraclipse and i love it. but mine doesnt have the H2H mount on it. but i wish it did. it pulled the signals in tho! love it

12 feet !?!

I emailed several friends about it.
One called me up and said, "go get it!"
He also volunteered one of the other guy's trucks to pull a trailer to get it home.

But I'll be darned if all three did ask the same question when I wished it were 8 or 10 feet instead of 12:
"Well, can you cut it down?"
One friend started insisting that anything could be done, and wanted to argue how to do it!
I told 'em all that I'd get lynched for suggesting such an evil thing!

. . . and none of 'em offered to go with me. :(

I emailed several friends about it.
One called me up and said, "go get it!"
He also volunteered one of the other guy's trucks to pull a trailer to get it home.

But I'll be darned if all three did ask the same question when I wished it were 8 or 10 feet instead of 12:
"Well, can you cut it down?"
........ GO FOR IT

If the size bothers you because of transporting it .

The Paraclipse isn't that hard to dissasemble , not talking about complete dissasembly either.

It will require removing the mesh from one panel only , this will help you to gain access to the bolts.

The clips that hold the mesh are as flexible as paperclips or xmas tree ornament hangers, so you can get em off with a flat head screwdriver.

After removing the required bolts you will be able to divide the Dish into 2 pieces , I had top leave the button hook with LNBF on one section of the dish because an adjustment screw broke.

oops almost forgot , actuator must come off first (I believe I removed actuator while dish was on pole)....... and don't forget the bolt penetrating blaster ......... you will want to replace all the bolts you remove... I remember some of the bolts were pretty hot after I got em off with the socket wrench.

Will take 2-3 people to get it off the pole safely.

It'd cost $200 to move it here. ;)

Is that for the truck rental and GASSSSSS$$$$$$$ , I was originally gonna get a hitch for my car but U-haul wanted to charge me over $150 to install it and I still had to rent a trailer so instead I rented a nice big Pick-Up Truck from Enterprise and paid a little extra for the no questions asked insurance , Gas was my biggest expense.

When I picked up my Paraclipse it was a 280 mile round trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabshere
actually i thought of you Anole when i posted it

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman
My Mom always used to say, "If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert1515
When I saw this thread my first though was that would be perfect for Anole

What a nice bunch of friends! :D

Hello Anole,
I think you have a whole bunch of friends here that would be willing to give you a hand getting it. I know that I would, but being in all parts of the country does put a limit on what we can do. Just know that if you were in the same state as me I'd be there giving you a hand! If Gabshere, linuxman, and qwert1515 were thinking of you for the Paraclipse, then they are good friends indeed. As far as "If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly"! thats not a bad thing either. Thats my nickname Bear as in Grizzly, and that is good! Go for it and get it Anole!

Just my thoughts on it.

Tom
:D

GO GET IT!!!

My wife and I just drove over 500 miles to pick up an 11 footer --- and a 9 ft, and a 7 1/2 ft sami and 2 - 6 foot Winegards (one damaged). Plus 9 analog receivers and one digital and one old "dish Mover". All with polar mounts and most with jacks -- including one with a manual crank! Oh yeah, and more LNB's that I have been able to count.

GET Moving! I'd better quit or I'll get accused of hijacking the thread! I will post some pictures for you, after I get the motor home and the trailer unloaded! (and into town where I can get high speed internet - we're at 1.8k tonight.)

Last edited:
pfft. I know where sits a 12' paraclipse, with most of the mesh missing, BTW, 10 minutes from my house. I don't want to sink another pole so for now its gonna stay right where it is...:)

Anole, buy me a plane ticket and I'll be there, Brother. :up:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.