He's Baaaaack. Tiger Woods to Play the Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, OH

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
While he hasn't officially entered, Woods announced Thursday on his website that he will return to the PGA Tour next week to play in the World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone Country Club, where he has won seven times in 12 appearances and made more than $8 million.

And guess who has tickets for the practice round as well as Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday? This guy!!! :wave

Tiger Woods announces on his website that he will play in next week's Bridgestone Invitational in Akron | cleveland.com

You expect him to make it through the weekend?

We'll see, but if there's any tournament that would be favorable towards Tiger's return, Firestone Country Club is it. He's won it (as posted above) 7 times in 12 appearances. This course is essentially, his home away from home.

I thought this was Eldrick's "home away from home":

1_61_080507_mustang_ranch.jpg

Played there 3 weeks ago, but wasn't able to play the tournament course. It's a great place. Tiger has had lots of success there, but it's a crapshoot how he'll play.

And guess who has tickets for the practice round as well as Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday? This guy!!! :wave

Tiger Woods announces on his website that he will play in next week's Bridgestone Invitational in Akron | cleveland.com

I was going to post this yesterday, but I completely forgot. Anyway, I have no idea what to expect. On one hand, I can see Tiger playing well and finishing in the Top 10. On the other hand, I can envision him taking a rip at a ball from a bad lie...falling to the turf holding his leg and screaming, "I've fallen and I can't get up." Perhaps he'll have to learn how to play with injuries and constant pain like Jack and countless others who were 35+.

Crap! I was hoping to see Phil play in this weekends Greenbrier Classic but he failed to make the cut! Anyway, both Tiger and Phil will be teeing it up next week at the Firestone CC. Unfortunately, with both golfers getting older and experiencing a variety of physical problems (knees, arthritis, etc.), I wonder if they'll ever be battling head-to-head in the final group on a Sunday? One thing is for sure...these opportunities are fading.

Quote from Tiger: "very pleased with today" and said he's feeling as good as he has in "years" -- is Tiger Woods back and ready to win this weekend?

Quote from Tiger: "very pleased with today" and said he's feeling as good as he has in "years" -- is Tiger Woods back and ready to win this weekend?

Being physically healthy is only one-part of it. He still needs to work through his mental issues and proves that he is consistent and accurate with his latest new swing.

I'll be recording the action on the Golf Channel the next couple days.

Barkley speaks out about his long lost friend, Tiger Woods...

"You think you're friends with a guy. You talk to him once a week for 15 years. You're like, this dude is my friend, we do things, we have fun together," Barkley said. "I haven't talked to him in two years and I'm wondering what the hell is going on."

"It's been very frustrating to watch everything that has transpired," Barkley said Wednesday on ESPN New York 1050's The Mike Lupica Show, "and getting rid of Steve Williams was probably the last straw for me."

Can't wait for him to putt the ball on one of the greens and someone yells from the gallery "Get in the Hole!" and Tiger turns around and asks him which one as Tiger glances at some of the various women in the front row of the gallery. ;)

Highlight from the Senior Open last week - all the highlight clips of the final put have the audio of "Get In The Hole!".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)