He's Baaaaack. Tiger Woods to Play the Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, OH

riffjim4069 said:
Ad Hoc Poll: How will Tiger Woods finish this week?

- Winner
- Top 5
- Top 10
- Top Half
- Bottom Half
- Missed Cut

He is scheduled to tee off at 1:40pm.

I say top 10. But he will be damned if you do, damned if you don't. If he wins, he will get no credit because it will be "it's not a major" or he "beat nobody" or "it's only one tournament"...if he loses, "he's done, there is nothing left".

I say top 10. But he will be damned if you do, damned if you don't. If he wins, he will get no credit because it will be "it's not a major" or he "beat nobody" or "it's only one tournament"...if he loses, "he's done, there is nothing left".

I disagree. If he wins he will get a lot of credit mainly because he hasn't been close in a long time.

I'll be optimistic and say "Top Half". But, towards the bottom of the "Top Half". :)

Tiger Watch

Well, since Tiger has basically owned this tournament the past 14-years let's track his daily progress as he goes for the title.

1 Adam Scott -8 (he's playing with Tiger's ex caddie)
2 Jason Day -7
3 Nick Watney -5
4 Stewart Cink -4
- Ryan Moore -4
- Kyung-Tae Kim -4
- Marin Laird -4
- Rory Sabbatini -4
- Brandt Snedeker -4
- D.A. Points -4
- Thomas Bjorn -4
- Pablo Larrazabal -4
13 Phil Mickelson -3
-- Lee Westwood -3
-- Ryo Ishikawa -3
-- Johathon Byrd -3
18 Tiger Woods -2
-- Rory McIlroy -2
-- Luke Donald -2 (current World #1)
-- (11 others tied at -2)

I agree...plenty of top players in the field and a win would go a long way to help establish his credibility.

Agree completely. The World Golf Championships are just a rung below the majors. Just look at the names playing. It's certainly a BIG thing to win this tournament.

Well, since Tiger has basically owned this tournament the past 14-years let's track his daily progress as he goes for the title.

1 Adam Scott -8 (he's playing with Tiger's ex caddie)
2 Jason Day -7
3 Nick Watney -5
4 Stewart Cink -4
- Ryan Moore -4
- Kyung-Tae Kim -4
- Marin Laird -4
- Rory Sabbatini -4
- Brandt Snedeker -4
- D.A. Points -4
- Thomas Bjorn -4
- Pablo Larrazabal -4
13 Phil Mickelson -3
-- Lee Westwood -3
-- Ryo Ishikawa -3
-- Johathon Byrd -3
18 Tiger Woods -2
-- Rory McIlroy -2
-- Luke Donald -2 (current World #1)
-- (11 others tied at -2)

A -8 on this course is unreal! Shaping up to be an exciting weekend!

A -8 on this course is unreal! Shaping up to be an exciting weekend!

The course usually plays a lot tougher but I noticed the rough was cut pretty low, the greens weren't all that fast, and the pins were in an easy location - plus, it was great scoring weather too. I suspect the rough won't be cut the next few days (let is grow) and they'll screw with the greens and pins in the coming days. We shall see.

On a side note: Tiger played pretty well yesterday and I'm expecting him to shoot 67 or better today. We shall see.

The course usually plays a lot tougher but I noticed the rough was cut pretty low, the greens weren't all that fast, and the pins were in an easy location - plus, it was great scoring weather too. I suspect the rough won't be cut the next few days (let is grow) and they'll screw with the greens and pins in the coming days. We shall see.

On a side note: Tiger played pretty well yesterday and I'm expecting him to shoot 67 or better today. We shall see.

We got a few days of rain prior to the first round. That probably had something to do with the slow greens. I'd imagine they won't groom the rough for the rest of the week either. Could play tougher the next 3 rounds.

Tiger and Phil are both tied at +1 and tied for 38th place after schlepping around the course the past few days. Adam Scott is leading the tournament at -12 with Stevie by his side. Me and my dad are convinced Stevie is the reasons behind Scott leading the tournament.

Tiger and Phil are both tied at +1 and tied for 38th place after schlepping around the course the past few days. Adam Scott is leading the tournament at -12 with Stevie by his side. Me and my dad are convinced Stevie is the reasons behind Scott leading the tournament.

I would have to agree with you and I hope they continue to get into Tiger's head.

Tiger Woods wins again at Firestone CC...er, make that Tiger Woods' former caddie wins again at Firestone CC with Adam Scott shooting -17. There were chants for "Stevie" as he walked up the 18th fairway. Elsewhere, Woods finished the tournament at even-par and tied for 33rd place, and Phil Mickelson finished +3 tied for 48th.

I just don't see Tiger or Phil being competitive going into the PGA.