Hey batter, batter.

I told my wife that when she turns 40, I'll trade her in for two 20 year olds.:D

She told me I couldn't handle them, and they would probably kill me.:(
I'm 53. So's my wife. Getting close to where I'd have to trade her in on 3 20's. I KNOW it would kill me.

I'd like to take all the organized sports parents force their kids into with coaches, umpires/referees/etc, trophies, schedules, playoffs, championships and flush them all down the toilet. Kids are war to busy with all this crap, and most of it is for the gratification of their parents. I have nothing against sports, and kids playing sports, I just hate organized sports for little kids. I have no problem with organized sports for kids in high school. We can't even schedule an activity for the kids in our church because it may interfere with some sports league. Families can't come to church on Sunday morning, because they have games then. Ridiculous. When I was a kid I played baseball for hours and hours, day after day. We'd show up at the diamond and "choose up sides." As kids had to leave or showed up, we'd rotate them in and out of the game. We might play with 6 outfielders or 1, depending on how many showed up. I had fun, I learned how to play from the older guys. We didn't need umpires. We'd argue a controversial call, make a decision, and play on. Organized ball for preteens is for the parents, not the kids.

I'm 53. So's my wife. Getting close to where I'd have to trade her in on 3 20's. I KNOW it would kill me.

I'd like to take all the organized sports parents force their kids into with coaches, umpires/referees/etc, trophies, schedules, playoffs, championships and flush them all down the toilet. Kids are war to busy with all this crap, and most of it is for the gratification of their parents. I have nothing against sports, and kids playing sports, I just hate organized sports for little kids. I have no problem with organized sports for kids in high school. We can't even schedule an activity for the kids in our church because it may interfere with some sports league. Families can't come to church on Sunday morning, because they have games then. Ridiculous. When I was a kid I played baseball for hours and hours, day after day. We'd show up at the diamond and "choose up sides." As kids had to leave or showed up, we'd rotate them in and out of the game. We might play with 6 outfielders or 1, depending on how many showed up. I had fun, I learned how to play from the older guys. We didn't need umpires. We'd argue a controversial call, make a decision, and play on. Organized ball for preteens is for the parents, not the kids.

I do think Little league baseball, football and other sports are good for the kids. Teaches them how to interact with other kids, teach them competition and dedication. I just feel the parents should either go shopping, to Starbucks or just plain go home when their kids are playing if they can't control themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)