Hey British TV fans (ROKU NEWS)

Has anyone managed to actually get nowhereTV to connect? I admit to being fairly new to Roku, but have tried several times in various ways and I cannot get this channel to appear in my selection list.

I have..U have to go into your Roku.com account and add the channel code under "add private channels" The code is H9DWC

Thanks! No problem using Nowhere. Hope they stay past the Queen's celebration this week.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I was able to get it working, as Juan suggested. I swear I tried the private code twice Sunday with no success.

I was watching last night. They had Robot Wars airing on DAVE, after it was done they said Goodnight that it was the end of their broadcast day and poof the stream was gone.

I wish we could really watch these British feeds here in the USA with some quality, I would pay good money for BBC, ITV and Dave here in the USA!

I would assume they don't want to jeopardize the BBC America revenue.

But is brings up the bigger question about cable content online. The Roku came with three months of Hulu+, so we signed up for that. Very disappointed and we will not be extending that beyond the trial period. I don't understand why the content providers are so firmly fixated on the cable/satellite model, but Hulu plus excludes 90% of the Hulu content I was interested in, mainly the USA Network and Fox archives. Yeah, they throw out a few tidbits, but most of the newer stuff is "computer only"

The ironic part is that ESPN and NHL announced they are working with MS to put sports content on the XBOX. Since sports is the major driver for cable content pricing, it would be nice to have an entertainment online package available.

I was watching last night. They had Robot Wars airing on DAVE, after it was done they said Goodnight that it was the end of their broadcast day and poof the stream was gone.

I assume not all of them are 24/7 and they are several hours ahead of us. Saw CBS nightly news (BBC1, or BBC2) on one of them, forget what time it was. There is a new plugin/channel (can't remember what it was,maybe AcornTV) that advertised several British series, free for several days then you have to pay a monthly fee for it...

Scott Greczkowski said:

I wish we could really watch these British feeds here in the USA with some quality, I would pay good money for BBC, ITV and Dave here in the USA!

You know the quality through the Internet is very good, even on my HDTV. I have 20mps. All you need is a VPN that makes it look like you are in the UK. My usenet server (Giganews) has a free one that comes with the service. I get my best picture using my iPad AirPlay thru my AppleTV. I opened a UK iTune store account (you don't need a credit card if you just download free apps), then downloaded all the UK TV apps ( BBC iPlayer, etc.), but I end up just using TVCatchup, which has all the channels. Before the iPad I used a laptop with HDMI output and went to the various websites for UK TV. It works fine. Just Google VPN UK and you will find plenty of VPN services for about $10 a month if you don't already have access to one.

You know the quality through the Internet is very good, even on my HDTV. I have 20mps. All you need is a VPN that makes it look like you are in the UK. My usenet server (Giganews) has a free one that comes with the service. I get my best picture using my iPad AirPlay thru my AppleTV. I opened a UK iTune store account (you don't need a credit card if you just download free apps), then downloaded all the UK TV apps ( BBC iPlayer, etc.), but I end up just using TVCatchup, which has all the channels. Before the iPad I used a laptop with HDMI output and went to the various websites for UK TV. It works fine. Just Google VPN UK and you will find plenty of VPN services for about $10 a month if you don't already have access to one.

Exactly. Check out StrongVPN dot com. It is who I use, very reliable and inexpensive.

osu1991 said:
Exactly. Check out StrongVPN dot com. It is who I use, very reliable and inexpensive.

I also have StrongVPN as a backup, but was disappointed that TVCatchup doesn't work with it (the individual channels work fine with StrongVPN)

Yeah I heard that, but I don't use Tvcatchup anyway. I just go to the websites and use the iplayers for what I want to watch, which is all I want to do anyway. With the time difference, I wouldn't get any work done if I was watching in real time as things were broadcast across the pond. Using the iplayers works out better for me.

Mummy box also has BBC 1,2,3 and 4 and a couple irish channels and ba bunch of american channels (only thing good I saw was the local version of WGN)

They fixed the voice sync problem on BBC and also added channel 4 and ITV..all look pretty good (on nowwhereman tv)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts