Hey Dish even TiVo has a skip mode!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish should install a "hidden" back door method to restore the auto skip to its original functionality, then anonymously leak the method in a few forums. This forum comes to mind.
That would be awesome.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID using the SatelliteGuys app!

Of course that would break the negotiated agreement and then we would have outages that everyone can bitch about! ;)
Exactly - it doesn't matter how users may find out about it or even if none used it, the fact that Dish could implement one, even as a 'back door', would make them fully culpable.

Exactly - it doesn't matter how users may find out about it or even if none used it, the fact that Dish could implement one, even as a 'back door', would make them fully culpable.
But...but...but...it's a bug that Dish is "actively" working on to fix...

Reactions: DWS44 and ekilgus
With the PTAT being limited to 8 days max, a 7 day wait puts you in danger of missing something completely if you're not careful.

With the PTAT being limited to 8 days max, a 7 day wait puts you in danger of missing something completely if you're not careful.
Not if you save series.... That puts the program in your space and will hold it until you delete it. As for why not wait a week, many programs are water-cooler conversation. If you're a week behind you live in spoiler hell.....

Reactions: DWS44
Not if you save series.... That puts the program in your space and will hold it until you delete it. As for why not wait a week, many programs are water-cooler conversation. If you're a week behind you live in spoiler hell.....
You can do a save and put in your My Recordings too and it will stay there untill you do something else with it.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID using the SatelliteGuys app!

Is there any reason in the world that any network series is so timely that the whole watching schedule can't slip a week?

Depends on how actively friends and co-workers might be watching the same programming and want to chit-chat about the shows (with or without "spoiler alerts")

Not that I personally run into that a lot, but I know a lot of co-workers who chat about shows from just the night before.

EDIT:...yeah...what Bobby said above. Didn't see his post prior to mine.

Is there any reason in the world that any network series is so timely that the whole watching schedule can't slip a week?
Personal preference for many - nothing more.

You might think Dish would adjust that keep time given the current situation with 3 of the 4 big networks that fall under PTAT ... unless they know that it's not that big of an issue to the majority of customers (only a small # wait until Autohop is available to watch).

Not if you save series.... That puts the program in your space...
Just a side note, but PTAT is still stored in "our" space. Before I dropped locals, our used DVR space was always in the 60% range. After dropping locals, PTAT no longer works, and once everything fell out of the PTAT 'folder', our space usage dropped down to the 30% range and has stayed there.

I should have added that Dish wouldn't advertise they did this and the networks would possibly only discover this after it was exploited and someone brought it to their attention. They will scream but Dish could simply say it's an apparent bug and they're looking into it.

I should have added that Dish wouldn't advertise they did this and the networks would possibly only discover this after it was exploited and someone brought it to their attention. They will scream but Dish could simply say it's an apparent bug and they're looking into it.
The second bluegras found this 'backdoor' he would have it all over the internet and it would be gone in 2 seconds. He would find this in 2 seconds as well, so, 4 seconds and it is gone! :D

So you're saying that if I save it, it is still hoppable?
Autohop doesn't require PTAT (at least not 100%). By that, I mean...

- Autohop remains functioning after the PTAT time limit (if saved manually, as described above)
- Autohop works on channels that aren't PTAT'd, it only requires at least (1) day and (1) network to be enabled
- Autohop works on shows recorded on the OTA tuner
- Autohop works on shows recorded on channels outside of the big-4 networks (this is rarer, but can happen)

Reactions: Pepper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)