Hey Dish!!!! Fix the aspect ratio for Fuel!!!!!

You got to remember that the contract has been the same from the days of OLN, through the channel's existence as Versus, to now as NBC Sports Network. When Dish signed the contract with OLN, it was a little niche garbage channel that had Tour DE France and just acquired the NHL. People were in belief that he NHL deal was just like the Sports Channel America deal back in the late 80s and early 90s. They thought that ESPN would realized that they F-ed up and out bid Comcast at the end of the contract. Only problem, OLN became Versus, added better programming, and Comcast bought NBC. Comcast built a stronger product around their NHL deal, and the NHL liked what they were seeing. This was all done despite the dispute with DirecTV that cut a big part of a season from DirecTV viewers. Like it or not, that's the largest viewing audience in America. Once the contract comes up again, we will see NBC Sports Network get larger subscriber penetration on Dish.

agree and we can hope :)

Two questions:

1. Don't you mean Veria?
2. What does Veria (or Viera for that matter) have to do with Fuel?

scott was pointing out that veria was paying dish to put there channel up in hd on dish and also after i posted this earlier harshness...I agree ice but i am going to cancel one of them and dish should of kept fuel in hd instead and adding hd channels people watch instead of adding veria and few other channles in hd that no one watches plus nbc network(old versus network) dish puts it in at 250 package like other channels they put in at 250 when you can get it in cheaper packages from other companies and either charlie needs to negotiate better deals or get someone that can and if dish drops espn and other sports channles i am definitely gone like many others dish should get together with direct and cable companies and try and get a sports only package for people that want sports and people that dont they dont have to pay more to get sports imo :)

the fight was november 12th on fox network and pre and postfights analysis on fuel and was in hd :)

Fight was, coverage was not, though some was repeated on the 12th.
Bell Sounds for UFC on FOX – Velasquez vs. Dos Santos TV Schedule - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Either way, don't see where Dish had it in HD during that time according to the uplink report. Maybe I didn't go far enough back for forward, but went about a month each way. I don't remember any talk of it being in HD, like I do Reelz for instance.....

I want to see Fuel in HD, specially now that it shows a lot of UFC. But I don't want them to stretch the SD feed. That would be worse.

(Can a DIRT member put in a request for me for Fuel in HD? Thanks!)

I put in a request for you. Looking back through updates, I do not see that Fuel was available in HD. Also from watching the fight, I recall that the pre and post fight commentary were in SD on Fuel. The HD was only on FOX for about 35 seconds or however long it took before Cain was knocked out. ;)

Thanks Zach -- I'll 2nd the request for Fuel in HD for sure. SD prelims make me sad :( :(

Fuel TV HD

Put in a request for Fuel TV in HD for me as well. If the sides of the picture weren't cut off it wouldn't nearly be as bad, but you can't even see the round timer on UFC events. I've considered switching to Direct to get Fuel Tv in HD--The only thing stopping me at this point is that DirectTV does not have BBCA HD. I'm a bigger UFC fan then Top Gear and Dr Who Fan, so Fuel TV might win out. If Fuel HD, BBMP and HBO On Demand on the 922 don't get announced soon, I may end up switching.

He was right. They do need to fix the aspect ratio. They are doing it in sd widescreen like fox does for their sd sports now. Dish has it zoomed in so the ends are chopped off. You lose part of the picture, the round clock, and the UFC on fuel logo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts