Hey Dish, Whats Up With Tnthd ?

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
I consistantly have problems with TNTHD, picture and voice get out of wack until I change channels. I have no problems with any other stations on my 811, except for the freeze ups once in a while.

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
It's a known issue with the 811 and TNT-HD. Hopefully we will get a fix in the not too distant future.

NightRyder

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
bavaria72 said:
If it wasn't filmed in HD, not much TNT can do about that. Besides do you really want to watch "Smokey and the Bandit" in HD?? :D

ah, Buford T. Justice in full dynamic HD!!! :cool:

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
bavaria72 said:
If it wasn't filmed in HD, not much TNT can do about that. Besides do you really want to watch "Smokey and the Bandit" in HD?? :D

Next to nothing is filmed in HD except sporting events and Descovery type shows and there is plenty TNTHD could do about the crap they show.

Law & order in all it flavors are shown on NBC in HD but the very same episonde shown on TNTHD will be upconverted, fish-eyed and stretched.

TNTHD has made a decision to NOT show HD material for its one hour shows. Most of the movies have been in HD but not OAR so they again look like stretched crapola. In fact the only quality HD TNT ever show is ....LIVE NBA games.

I refuse to watch the channel except for the NBA games...I'd rather watch SD on my 36" analogue tv then crap HD on my 60" HD set.

NightRyder

Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
Paradox-SJ said:
Law & order in all it flavors are shown on NBC in HD but the very same episonde shown on TNTHD will be upconverted, fish-eyed and stretched.

TNT does not own the HD rights to Law & Order hence the conversion. They do own the HD rights to Without a Trace and it is shown as such. They are certainly much farther along in the HD department than ESPN-HD was at this point.

NightRyder

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
NightRyder said:
TNT ... is certainly much farther along in the HD department than ESPN-HD was at this point.
Aw, c'mon! HD SportsCenter, but virtually everything else shows with the bars on the sides? ESPN-HD is awesome! :)

I want Universal (formerly Bravo) HD.

NightRyder

Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
aperry said:
Aw, c'mon! HD SportsCenter, but virtually everything else shows with the bars on the sides? ESPN-HD is awesome! :)

I want Universal (formerly Bravo) HD.

Uh. Do you remember what ESPN-HD was like when it was less than a year old? I do, almost no HD content and everything stretched and squished. Sound familiar? It wasn't until this last summer that they finally started showing content in it's correct aspect ratio.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts