Hey Everybody With H3 OTA Problems

The OTA broken recordings problem has NOT been fixed. Maybe next time. :)

Whenever I unplugged the OTA module and plugged it back in before, it fixed the glitches. Unfortunately, they started up in a day or so.

Unplug your OTA Tuner from the Hopper 3 then reinstall it. :)
Whenever I unplugged the OTA module and plugged it back in before, it fixed the glitches. Unfortunately, they started up in a day or so.
I reset my Hopper 3 this morning, and while it was restarting, I unplugged the OTA Dongle. After the H3 came back up, I went into settings and set the Power option to show the last channel viewed (since my son always watches SportsCenter while eating breakfast before school:rollingeyes) but maybe I should use the SmartChannel option, just in case I don't reset the channel for him? Anyway, I went into the OTA section and it said to plug in the OTA module, which I did. The OTA Module detected pop-up appeared, so I selected Okay to restart the Hopper.

After my Hopper 3 started, I went into the OTA Settings, rescanned my locals (just for good measure; 20 channels detected), and tuned to my go-to acid test, 022-03 for our local FirstAlert 24x7 Weather sub-channel. It played for 2-3 minutes with no errors, so I channeled-up and -down to view the other OTA locals. Everything was solid, so I turned everything off and headed upstairs to my 4K Joey.

Same results, my OTA locals are glitch free. Today, so far, so good. We'll see what happens after tonight's restart.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
After I freaked out this morning when I went to tune to the Formula 1 race on my 4K Joey this morning, it did not indicate the event was recording. Worse, when I brought up my DVR recordings, nothing was there! No programs, no timers, not scheduled events, nada!

I restarted my 4K Joey and when it came back, everything was back to normal. Phew!

Oh, and my OTA glitches are back, as I expected.

So what is the consensus with the U313 update... Was it supposed to fix the OTA issues and didn't, or is the fix that Scott mentioned going to be part of a future update?

I think at this time the U313 was released to support the HopperGo, not provide a fix for the OTA module. It also introduced Power On options, an Appearance option, and apparently supports more Folders in the DVR.

But I am seeing no change in my Hopper 3's behavior with my OTA channels. Unwatchable Live, unwatchable recorded.

Reactions: md_paul
I think at this time the U313 was released to support the HopperGo, not provide a fix for the OTA module.
That is a logical conclusion. Looking at the timeline of when the OTA problem was supposedly identified (according to Scott's post), compared to when U313 was released, there was less than a week in between. I don't know the specifics of Dish's release testing, but I would assume they were already in the final stages of testing U313 by the time the OTA fix was identified and likely held the fix until it could be thoroughly tested for a future release.

Looking at the timeline of when the OTA problem was supposedly identified (according to Scott's post), compared to when U313 was released, there was less than a week in between.
Which post was that? I must have missed him saying that Dish had a handle on the OTA issue(s). That's great if they got enough feedback from our emails to point them in the right direction.

Thanks, CubsWin, I hadn't seen that. Great News! (Almost as good as my ESPN App letting me know that the Cubbies beat the Dodgers again today!)

Reactions: CubsWin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts