Status
Please reply by conversation.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
hey guys, real quick question, I am getting installed next friday, and when I had directv 3 years ago or so, I use to get all nfl game highlights on my r10, do they still do that? and how is the r15, is it pretty good? I really liked the tivo interface, but have had the dishnets interface for awhile now, so thoughts or opinions, and anything I should be on the lookout for would be much apperciated!

stuart628 said:
74 views and no replies?

Sorry Stuart628,
I cannot help you, due to the fact I have never had either receiver you have mentioned....
That could have something to do with the lack of responses

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Sorry Stuart628,
I cannot help you, due to the fact I have never had either receiver you have mentioned....
That could have something to do with the lack of responses

Jimbo
Same situation here too_Our equipment consists of 2 H20 receivers and the AT9 dish.

stink! lol, well I am on the phone now trying to get the is it the hs10-250? I am not worried about HD really, as if I had to choose football or HD, my choice is football (I know this will offend people here as HD is their life, but to each his own). how do you guys like your recievers, seems like directv has pretty rock solid recievers?

IMO,the H20-600s have performed well for us overall.We are new subs to D* (3 months).The only real issue that I have noticed is that the program/channel guide tends to respond slowly from time to time.I have rebooted the receivers a few times and this improves the speed of the guides for awhile.Based on two phone conversations between myself and D*s tech dept.,there is supposed to be a firmware/software update coming sometime pretty soon for the H20 receivers.This update is supposed to enable the interactive features that are currently available on other D* receivers,and it is also supposed to address the slow response of the guides in certain H20 receivers.If I am correct,there are two models of the H20 receiver. (H20-100 and H20-600)

is directv a pretty good company about seeing whats wrong and fixing it> or do their fixes work but break other things?

stuart628 said:
stink! lol, well I am on the phone now trying to get the is it the hs10-250? I am not worried about HD really, as if I had to choose football or HD, my choice is football (I know this will offend people here as HD is their life, but to each his own). how do you guys like your recievers, seems like directv has pretty rock solid recievers?

Hey stuart,
I am a Football fan 1st, HD came along and IMPROVED what I already had.
There is no choice, I'll take both, thank you !!!

As for the current receivers, you will probably get a H-20, MPEG4 capable brother to the H-10, both have been good receivers.

I use a H-10 (non MPEG4) and like it, haven't had to many issues with it, it's been pretty good. H-20 users have been happy for the most part, it has a better OTA tuner than previous receivers, from what the forums have said.

If you are going for a DVR version, I cannot give you advice from experience,The HR-10 is the current HD DVR ... I am waiting for the HR 20, the new MPEG4 HD DVR that will be out sometime before the end of the year, we all hope.

All others are older receivers, many still very good, but D* would like youi to upgrade to the newer stuff.

Jimbo

is directv a pretty good company about seeing whats wrong and fixing it> or do their fixes work but break other things?

They generally try to fix any trouble, once they accept that it is a problem

stuart628 said:
They definitely aren't DISH Notwerk, they don't send upgrades every other week.:mad:

how did you get the vip211 with out the contract? i havent had dtv in 10yrs prob won't with dn getting better every day!

hobojoe said:
how did you get the vip211 with out the contract? i havent had dtv in 10yrs prob won't with dn getting better every day!

dont know, they said my contract is out, I even had them mark the account, I already have deactived the 211 and sent it back.

also to those who have asked I have called directv and I got the free Hr10-250, kinda excited about that, a free HD DVR, all I really record in HD is locals so it works out perfect!

Congrats on the free 10-250 stuart. :up :) Are you getting any other equipment besides the HD DVR and dish?

yeah a r15 I bought at valueelectronics, I have always heard good things about them, and I have told people to buy there, so I thought I would go and give robert the business! plus that way I dont pay a lease fee for the r15, keep my costs down monthly.

Sounds good stuart. :D When we got our equipment and deal with D* (the deal was made in Feb.,the install was done in Mar.),they gave us the two H20 receivers and the AT9 (5LNB) dish with install free of any and all charges.No money out of our pocket upfront with them.We also own the equipment,not a lease.We originally agreed to 2 years of the TC package in regards to the comittment with D*,but,they dropped that to a 1 year comittment when they mailed our first bill to us.Why they done that,I have no idea. :confused: Congrats again and enjoy. :D

okay lol, so I noticed a little hiccup, in the web order it says I am getting a mini dish (1 lnb) lets just take the HD tivo out (because its not a for sure thing till I have it in my hands!) anyways I have 2 r15, I will need a switch I am assuming right off the bat, but will I recieve all channels Including sunday ticket games? is this going to be a problem should I call and request a dish upgrade?

The info that I had gathered from reading alot of the D* threads on here gave me the impression that D* is supposed to be installing the AT9 (5LNB) dish with all new installs.I have also read some threads on here that state otherwise,saying that D* is also doing installs with other dishes besides the 5LNB dish.I also imagine that depends on who is doing your install too,what kind of dishes they have in stock at the time.IMO,you may want to call D* and ask them to confirm what dish they are installing for you,to be on the safe side.

while I was typing I was on the phone with them, they said a 1 lnb dish, but I am going to call my install company, I dont want the 5 lnb, as I am afraid of roof damage as I am in a high wind area, oh well I will deal with it tommorow I am whooped!

steve615 said:
The info that I had gathered from reading alot of the D* threads on here gave me the impression that D* is supposed to be installing the AT9 (5LNB) dish with all new installs.I have also read some threads on here that state otherwise,saying that D* is also doing installs with other dishes besides the 5LNB dish.I also imagine that depends on who is doing your install too,what kind of dishes they have in stock at the time.IMO,you may want to call D* and ask them to confirm what dish they are installing for you,to be on the safe side.

You are correct...
If D* has the locals available in MPEG4, then they should definatly set up the AT-9.
If D* does not have locals available, I think it would be up to the local installer, depending on what you are getting with your order.
If you doing the HD thing, you need at least the 3LNB set up.
If you would like the AT-9 go ahead and call them, then you will be up to date for the future equipment as well.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)