HEY SCOTT--Are You Pulling Our Leg???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I have read with palpitation your post about E* firing up the transponders at 148. Along with this you meantioned E* visiting VOOM and VOOM visiting E*. I really got excited till I remembered that VOOM only has a satellite on the East Coast. They already are renting transponders from E* and it would do them well to add transponders on the West Coast. Especially since some of their use agreements runs out the end of Spring!

Now I am not so sure that your tasty tidbit was really for E* customers. Sounds like it should have been in the VOOM forum. Do you really have any insight here (knowledge you currently can not share) or was your post really just a tease? ;) :yes :confused:

JoeSp said:
I have read with palpitation your post about E* firing up the transponders at 148. Along with this you meantioned E* visiting VOOM and VOOM visiting E*. I really got excited till I remembered that VOOM only has a satellite on the East Coast. They already are renting transponders from E* ...
STOP RIGHT THERE!

Voom has their own satellite at 61.5 ... Rainbow 1 ... which carries all of Voom's signals. They got permission to use their transponders from the FCC, not E*. Start with correct information and you may get better results!

Echostar has Echostar 3 at 61.5, available to transmit on their 11 licensed transponders and SkyAngel's 8 licensed transmitters. For a time before Voom got their transponders up they "borrowed" extra space from the FCC.

Mirroring Voom on the left coast isn't a bad idea. Although there are better.

JL

JL -- VOOM currently leases two transponders from E*. I do not know what they are doing with those, but my guess is that is where they are getting their SD programing from. Those leases are up in June. That is why VOOM issues a disclamer that some sevices might be discontuned temporarily because of a possible lease expiration. :)

JoeSp said:
JL -- VOOM currently leases two transponders from E*. I do not know what they are doing with those, but my guess is that is where they are getting their SD programing from. Those leases are up in June. That is why VOOM issues a disclamer that some sevices might be discontuned temporarily because of a possible lease expiration. :)

No you are still wrong, no one currently owns those 2 TP's in question on 61.5, E* was using them with temporary FCC permission and now V* has temporary permission to use them. Those 2 TP's are not or never were owned by E*. Eventually the FCC will either auction them or let V* or E* have them.

There is at this time absolutely NO TRUTH to any of what we were discussing in the mentioned thread.

As it was mentioned in the tread, it was for wild speculation of what Dish is going to do with their extra space especially with all the space at 148.

I posted my thoughts on what I would like to see, some of it is based off what I have been told by people at various companies. To me that would make the most sense, and also would be looked up favorably by the FCC.

Will it ever happen? You guess is as good as mine. But if I was Charlie Ergen, a spectrum sharing / renting deal with VOOM would be what I would do in a heartbeat.

Thanks Scott your response. I have a question for you on VOOM but I will post in the VOOM arena.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts