Hey Voom.. how about Xmas movies

Christmas Vacation would be a great choice......or how about Silent Night Deadly Night for MonstersHD!!!

Good idea. Who knows? Maybe they already have something planned - it's not even December yet. And they are off to a good start IMO on RAVE, with the Chris Isaak Christmas Special. At least it's evidence that they know Christmas is coming... :p

Christmas Vacation
Christmas Carol (It will be on TNT)
White Christmas
4:3 It's a Wonderful Life

Would be nice to see Christmas Story uncut and commercial free in HD. Would also like to see Scrooged in HD. Silent Night Deadly Night would be sweet on MonsterHD.

Good idea. Hey VOOM here's my wish list:

SCROOGE: THE MUSICAL (Albert Finney)
SISTER MARY EXPLAINS IT ALL (Diane Keaton)
CHRISTMAS VACATION (Chevy Chase)
LOST IN PARADISE (Nick Cage)
THE CHRISTMAS STORY
PRANCER
HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS (Origian & Jim Carey versions)
MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET
THE BISHOP'S WIFE
CHRISTMAS CAROL (1950 British version with Alstair Sim)
(didn't forget "Wonderful Life" but we'll see enough of that elsewhere)

HO HO HO

It's a Wonderful Life

BFG said:
Christmas Vacation
Christmas Carol (It will be on TNT)
White Christmas
4:3 It's a Wonderful Life
I would like to see "It's a Wonderful Life" converted to HD and shown on UniversalHD. After all NBC has exclusive rights to this movie and they own UniversalHD. It's already been shown once, this past Saturday on NBC, 4:3 though, you would think they would convert a popular movie like this one to HD and show it in OAR. I don't know what their exact exclusivity is, could be network tv, could be all tv, could be everything. Might even mean they can't show it on any of their own cable networks, only NBC.

I just specified 4:3 because that is the OAR, so to preserve that they would have to convert the film to HD and add bars to the sides ;)

BFG said:
I just specified 4:3 because that is the OAR, so to preserve that they would have to convert the film to HD and add bars to the sides ;)
I didn't know that. I'll swear that I saw this movie at the drive-in as a kid and it sure filled the screen. The screen was not 4:3, probably not 16:9 either, but closer to 16:9, certainly oblong. I'd put my money on the OAR as not being close to 4:3.

If you guys don't know, checkout ABCFamily, they are running their 24 Day of Christmas. True, it's not HD, but they have a boatload of Christmas movies and shows. I'm making a ton of DVD's from these so I don't have to search for them on TV every year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)