hgtv and food network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shaun-ohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
ohio
looks like today that hgtv and food network are simulcast with the same programming, finally they got there act together.

Directv hasn't really done anything, the same channels remain, just different programming from the channel.

Directv hasn't really done anything, the same channels remain, just different programming from the channel.
Nobody said Direct did do anything. The OP said the networks finally got their act together and the second poster said it was already anounced.

I am glad to see the NETWORKS are doing this as well. Will this be the case for all programming? If so, maybe Direct can get rid of the -1 channel. I did notice that these NETWORKS (must emphasis this for those with a Direct chip on their shoulder) is that they use stretch-o-vision on their commercials, hopefully they do not stretch their 4:3 programs. If so, I would have to keep the SD channel up so I can watch programs in their normal aspect ratio.

If you define "got their act together" as what used to be an exclusively-HD channel now broadcasting a mix of HD and upconverted SD, then yes, they "got their act together."

This is not necessarily a "good" thing.

If you define "got their act together" as what used to be an exclusively-HD channel now broadcasting a mix of HD and upconverted SD, then yes, they "got their act together."

This is not necessarily a "good" thing.
Especially if they stretch their SD. If they have more HD programs now, then it may be a good thing. They were so limited before and they kept showing the same things over and over.

I noticed a week or so ago that the lineups were the same, then finally got a good look at them today. Definitely upconverting. :(

but the 11pm good eats (in hd) looked great as did diners, drive-ins and dives!

Yeah, but if they are going to be an HD channel, I want it all in HD -- the choice may have been slim on the old one, but by god it always looked great. :)

And I am still not sure if Emeril was in HD. Or whether he is just fat. :D

Does anyone know if Direct will now get rid of the -1 and just use the same channel number they use for the SD station, like they do with all other simulcasted SD and HD channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)