HGTV-HD & NATGEO-HD transponder 22 on 129 issues?

tjwgrr

Route of the Northliners
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Western Michigan
Had some issues for HGTV-HD & NATGEO-HD transponder 22 on 129 over the weekend- very low signal, and at times satellite lock loss. All the other HD channels, including VOOM were operating o.k.

Anyone else with these same issues?

Wondering if I need have my dish tweeked for 129 again???? 110 & 119 had pretty good signal strength even with a fairly heavy cloud cover......

bestboff said:
Where are you located? What size dish are you using? What signal strength are you getting?

SW Michigan- Grand Rapids area. Dish 1000 standard size. Yesterday only 40-45 on 129 TP 22. Others 129 TP's as high as 65-67

tjwgrr said:
SW Michigan- Grand Rapids area. Dish 1000 standard size. Yesterday only 40-45 on 129 TP 22. Others 129 TP's as high as 65-67

You might need to re-peak that dish, and if that fails put up a separate dish for 129, that is what I did. I'm seeing 73 on tp22 right now, but other tps are higher.

tjwgrr, I'm about an 75 minutes east of you and put up a dish 500 just for 129. I'm getting 87 on transponder 22 of 129. It's not perfect but its much better then I was getting with the dish 1000.

No, that's because on BOTH 129 and 61.5 DISH put these channels on sh!tty transponders!

I'm seeing the same results off of 61.5 for TP's 20 and 22.

All other TP's in the 90's, these two - low 70's.

TJ-
You're not alone with this problem. I wish DISH would switch the location of these channels.

I'm in Seattle and everything off of 129 is crappy. Even the best transponders are showing a signal strength of about 70, with NATGEO at 52 and HGTV at 50. They don't stay locked on. And this is with a second dish pointing right at 129 (the first dish is for 110 & 119). Called Dish up and they're sending someone out this wknd to re-point it. When I explained the symptoms and low signal strengths, the CSR didn't hestitate at all and scheduled someone to come out. Fortunately my HD locals aren't on 129, but the wife wants her HGTV and I need ESPN2-HD for the World Cup (which I'll miss quite a few games this week b/c it can't hold the signal for 3 hours...)

I was doing better last night- TP 22 on 129 was in the mid 50's to low 60's, but the whole bloomin' thing locked up twice watching Dog Whisperer on NATGEO-HD. Twice it started pixeling out, then locked and went blank & no audio. Checked other non 129 channels had audio, but no video. (I have two 211's) Had to do a soft re-boot twice to get everything back.

Very frusterating. What gives?

psumattDE said:
No, that's because on BOTH 129 and 61.5 DISH put these channels on sh!tty transponders!

I'm seeing the same results off of 61.5 for TP's 20 and 22.

All other TP's in the 90's, these two - low 70's.
I'm seeing 90 on both 20 and 22. That's lower than the other transponders on 61.5 but not too bad. I'm not having any problems with these channels.

Mario

Not sure how things are over in 129-land, but I've noticed that for some reason E* has chosen to put their most popular HD channels on the weakest CONUS transponders at 61.5. Since they are pushing HD so much seems like they would want it sent with more reliable signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts