This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HGTV-HD To Launch This Week ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
New York
I found this article that says Scripps will announce that HGTV-HD will launch this week and Food Network HD in June. Am I safe to say that Dish Network will be one of the carriage deals they will announce at NCTA this week ?

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ar...d=311&industry=Special+Report&industryid=1025

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum. Could the moderators please move this to the regular Dish Network forum. Thanks

There were posts on this site that said it is supposed to launch Monday. I sure hope so. That would really please my wife.

Yes, I think since it says satellite and cable carriage deals will be announced this means Dish Network. I do not think DirecTV has a deal for these channels.

We already know Dish is going to carry these channels, it's what we like to call, old news

HGTV-HD will have a schedule that's distinct from HGTV's standard channel. Although many series will mirror their time slots on the standard channel, different episodes will be shown in HD.

My wife will love this. We are thinking about reducing our programing from HD Gold to HD Bronze. This will help. She likes DIY too so seeing the next text is good.

Programs from Scripps' other networks, DIY and Fine Living, will appear on HGTV-HD, but there are no immediate HD plans for those two networks.

I'm glad that they are not following the format like ESPN and TNT.

BFG said:
We already know Dish is going to carry these channels, it's what we like to call, old news

I know, but I still would like to see it announced official. The only place we heard them say anything about this was on that Charlie Chat, and we all know how a lot of things said on Charlie Chat's never come true.

That is official. Plus there are other articles wehere Scripps is quoted saying the channels will launch on dish

Lucky said:
I do not think DirecTV has a deal for these channels.
Will they better hurry up and get some more HD channels or alot of people will be jumping ship to E*.

Not yet.

You'd think Dish would've added it prior to today if they planned on offering it today. But there's still time I guess.

Dish has a huge Null packet reserved on 61.5 and 129 for this channel to be launched on

Attachments

• hgtv-hd.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 180
Well someone make sure to post it as soon as it goes live! That way I can add to my Favs.

Dish will NOT be launching HGTV HD today...

I just got this from Dish Network.

We are not launching HGTV HD, and have no announcements to make as to the specific date. We are working to launch it, but it’s certainly not today. Thanks.

Dish may not be, but HGTV is launching today at 1:00 PM.

I suppose this belongs here more than the Food Network HD thread I posted it in earlier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.