HH100 Motor Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChuckBoozer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
Just thought I would throw this problem out to the group.

I recently installed a HH100 motor on my Primestar dish. Set-up was not a problem - although I do not have a clear line of sight to my true south satellite, I was able to lock in on a good signal on T5 and subsequently hit corresponding sats via USALS with strong signal quality numbers.

No issues until yesterday - I am assuming that the recent noreaster that blew through last weekend may have somehow knocked my dish ever so slightly out of alignment, because I am now unable to pick up KU signals on any of the linear polarity transponders when I drive the motor. This is consistent across a number of satellites.

Strangely enough, however, when I lock on Echostar, the circular polarity transponders are now screaming in even louder than before (high 80's across all transponders).

Does this seem logical? Are the KU birds much more sensitive to slight alignment deviations than the Echostar birds?

I won't be able to troubleshoot until this weekend, so any tips would be appreciated. I will probably just drag my 13" TV and receiver down to the dish to see if I can get my settings back in order.

Yes, echostars are a LOT more powerful. You can be several degrees off and see little or no effect on the echostars...

Fired up the receiver this evening and couldn't get signal on any sats. When I went to check the motor, it appeared that it was moving to the correct positions, although I did notice that the motor shaft had a little side-to-side play to it when set at zero (it was firm when set at other positions).

Is this normal for the HH100, or do I potentially have a motor issue?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)