HH120 + disecq = hunting?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ebo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
central missouri
I've just installed a hh120 motor with the disecq switch between the motor and lnbf. Using USALS mode the dish keeps oscillating between a good signal and no signal. Using disecq 1.2 I can't zero in on the signal.
Straight hook up works like a champ. Bad disecq? I've been using it on a fixed ku and C-band for years.

Also, I hooked up an encoda switch in place of the disecq, In setup, when I turn the 22khz off, signal level goes down to 45 - 50% and quality stays the same?

Are coming out of the receiver and into a DiSEqC switch and then to the motor?

Well you answered my next question. Yep, I would say it is time to order a DiSEqC switch.

When I take the diseqc out of the loop the motor works.

So also the motor doesn't respond properly to motor commands in your present (new) setup?

If you have long cables, I'm also thinking about receiver/cable combination problems.
I've had motor/reception problems with long cables.
With the one receiver there were problems, with another receiver all worked flawlessly(!).
With the 'bad' receiver, when I used only a part of the cable length (my cable consisted of 4 parts), all worked flawlessly again.
However, I didn't change the cables; I used the other receiver since for the motor...

Edit: In a german forum such a cable length problem also was mentioned, and was solved by another setup with shorter cabling, which was possible because of the multiple possibilities for the setup in question. That, of course, is not alway possible. :(
Old situation: http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=a89da9-1433099056.jpg
New situation is in https://forum.digitalfernsehen.de/threads/aufbau-multifeed-anlage-rotor.346888/page-3#post-7004752
Another beautifull possible solution was in https://forum.digitalfernsehen.de/threads/aufbau-multifeed-anlage-rotor.346888/page-4#post-7019967

So is your problem still present, when you use short cabling?

Greetz,
A33

Last edited:
I have a X2 receiver here that has issues like this, if the switch is after the motor, it won't work, before the motor, it will. I use that receiver to feed one of my modulators where it doesn't need any switches.

If you have another receiver of a different brand, swap it and see if it works before you condemn the switch.

What model receiver and switch are you using?

I have a X2 receiver here that has issues like this, if the switch is after the motor, it won't work, before the motor, it will. I use that receiver to feed one of my modulators where it doesn't need any switches.

If you have another receiver of a different brand, swap it and see if it works before you condemn the switch.

What model receiver and switch are you using?
Azbox Elite and a Sadoun switch.
I tried the switch before the motor with the same results.

Switch recommendations?

Thanks to all who replied.

Could be a faulty switch. I would swap for another to troubleshoot.

If you have a scope, check the STB for low 22KHz/DiSEqC output. The STB DiSEqC signal should be approximately 650mV. Some receivers output very low control signals either by improper design or due to component failure.

As others have suggested, cables and connectors are the most common cause of switch control issues. A coax or a connector may carry the higher satellite IF frequencies, but the lower strength control signals could be attenuated by corrosion in the fittings, water ingress into the coax, staples penetrating the jacket, sharp bends,etc.

Azbox Elite and a Sadoun switch.
I tried the switch before the motor with the same results.

Switch recommendations?

Thanks to all who replied.

I've had real good results with a 8x1 Amiko switch that I bought from Titanium. I was using cheap switches, but they would'nt last. The Amiko one has been installed for almost two years, with no problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)