OTHER HH90 out of range

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So, I was able to get a hold of an SG-2100 motor with the hopes of being able get East rotation greater than 65 degrees. I had downloaded the manual ahead of time and learned that the SG-2100 has adjustable hardware limits, which was what I was looking for. Well, wouldn’t you know it, the motor I received is some version of the SG-2100 with no adjustable hardware limits. It says “Adjustable Hardware Limits” on the box, but there are definitely no sliders under tube. The manual that came with it is basically the same manual I had downloaded, but the section on adjusting the limits is gone. Go figure.

Oh well, it appears that this motor will still allow me to drive it about 75 degrees, so that may just barely be enough to get me to 87w or 89w from my location. We shall see.

So, I was able to get a hold of an SG-2100 motor with the hopes of being able get East rotation greater than 65 degrees. I had downloaded the manual ahead of time and learned that the SG-2100 has adjustable hardware limits, which was what I was looking for. Well, wouldn’t you know it, the motor I received is some version of the SG-2100 with no adjustable hardware limits. It says “Adjustable Hardware Limits” on the box, but there are definitely no sliders under tube. The manual that came with it is basically the same manual I had downloaded, but the section on adjusting the limits is gone. Go figure.

Oh well, it appears that this motor will still allow me to drive it about 75 degrees, so that may just barely be enough to get me to 87w or 89w from my location. We shall see.
There are indead some SG2100 types with just fixed mechanic end stops .
The STAB uses reedswitches activated by magnets in the half wormwheel

Attachments

• limit switches STAB.jpg
    limit switches STAB.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: FTA4PA
There are indead some SG2100 types with just fixed mechanic end stops .
The STAB uses reedswitches activated by magnets in the half wormwheel
So if one wanted to extend the range would it be possible to remove the magnet(s) and/or grind away part of the hardware stop?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts