Hi guys need help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joe Bruno

Original poster
Jan 12, 2020
NY
Hi my dish service has not been working for 2 days now. I live in NY we had a big storm near us but missed me. It’s blowing pretty good though. The dish guy on phone said it’s normal to lose signal for a few days. Is it though? Never had this happen before. He told me thick clouds can cause it to lose signal for days. Getting complete signal lose 11-11-11 and one like 31-11-45

Thank you

Hi my dish service has not been working for 2 days now. I live in NY we had a big storm near us but missed me. It’s blowing pretty good though. The dish guy on phone said it’s normal to lose signal for a few days. Is it though? Never had this happen before. He told me thick clouds can cause it to lose signal for days. Getting complete signal lose 11-11-11 and one like 31-11-45

Thank you
I would not anticipate losing signal for a couple days unless you have snow or ice buildup on the dish, or are in a deluge (like a hurricane). My guess is your dish probably moved in the wind and will need to be repeaked. I would call back and play "CSR Roulette".

Assuming your dish is clear of ice and snow, check the signal levels. If they aren't up to par, the dish likely moved like sam_gordon suggested. Also take a look at your cables and connections.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hey, Joe Bruno! We hate to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your signal. Like, sam_gordon said, it's pretty rare to have signal loss if there isn't anything on the antenna or in the line of sight to the satellites. We can do some troubleshooting here or in a private message, but it could require a tech visit which we would be unable to schedule as we are unable to pull up accounts on SatGuys at this time.

In the meantime, would you be able to take a look at the antenna and see if there's anything on the reflectors or on the dish itself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)