Hi I'm new here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kkvkr

Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Hi, Just found this forum.
I am new to FTA . Just bought Pansat3500SD to see if I can get some international channels that are available. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Only NASA is the only channel I can get.
I have SuperDish (Dishnetwork).
Can some one direct me through right path?
kkvkr

what kind of international channels ya looking for?

Do you happen to know the satellite its on?

International chnnels

:)
Thanks for responding.
I am looking for channels from India.
On dish network the sattelite number is 121.
Thats the other thing, how to find out which sattelites are/can be pulled using super dish?

Thanks
kkvkr

You wont be able to get anything on Dish 121 except for a channel that says "you have a superdish at 121"

Do you currently have a Dish Network subscription?

nah. Just wondering if he has a dish sub. If he does, then the dish he has is useless and he needs a different 30" dish to aim at IA5

If he doesn't, then he can aim the SD at IA5. But there isn't much channels from India on FTA. :)

Iceberg,
I do have Dishnetwork Subscription. ANd I pay hefty amount to get 2 channels from my home country. SOme one suggested, I try the ftp, for international channels.

guess this won't work for me using the Superdish.

do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks
KKVKR

There's lots of international channels on IA5 and a couple other satellites. You would need a separate 30-inch dish to get those without messing up your dish network setup.

The dish network came today for technical repair and declared that the LNB on the dish is shorted. so there I have it. I am paying for channels I can't see and it will cost me extra.
any way, if I fix the LNB, can I still try and use my Super Dish? I am not sure of the size. If not where to buy?
I have a switch in my basement that splits the 3 way incoming from the SuperDish LNB to 4 rooms. I like to keep that if I can and try some options.
Any suggestion from any one is appreciated.

KKVKR

Maybe, but you'd probably have to make some modifications to it, and probably won't be able to still receive DISH programming on it. It's 36" x 20", right? You'll need to buy a new lnb for it. You can buy a new dish and everything from Sadoun (www.sadoun.com). A new receiver will be needed as well. Search around the forums here for more info. For one satellite, it's pretty easy to do. If you wanted to add a motor to pick up more sats, it's a little more tedious but isn't really hard to do. Keep asking questions, and we'll try to keep answering them.

Thanks Dahaund.
I already bought pansat3500SD. Thats how It all started. Its super dish. I am guessing its 36"
I am already shopping for the DUAL LNB on ebay.
I will ask more once I get the LNB.
KKVKR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)