Hi Tech Motor Cover

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I know how Satellite guys like home brew stuff so Im posting this I just did.

I made this actuator motor cover to replace my old beat up Quick Pro. Made from a high quality anti freeze bottle. :eek: It will definitely get the job done and allow for proper drainage.

Anyone that wants cheap protection from ice snow or rain, try it you may just like it. :)

Attachments

• MC1.jpg
    MC1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 208
  • MC2.jpg
    MC2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Here's my high tec motor cover from Wally World for $4.00.Befor(2pics) and after(2 pics) Took on 70 mph winds last week and still holding up.And if blows away $4.00 get an other one.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    244.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 188
I know how Satellite guys like home brew stuff so Im posting this I just did.

I made this actuator motor cover to replace my old beat up Quick Pro. Made from a high quality anti freeze bottle. :eek: It will definitely get the job done and allow for proper drainage.

Anyway that wants cheap protection from ice snow or rain, try it you may just like it. :)

FAIL.

You didn't PAINT IT! :cool::D;):):p

FAIL.

You didn't PAINT IT! :cool::D;):):p

I thought about that, it's the middle of winter here. Next spring I will take it off and paint it. I just wanted to protect the motor for now since I had a cover on the Saginaw before. The old Quick Pro was cracking and falling apart. If this one falls apart I got a couple spare bottles in the garage. :D Price $0.00 :eek:

Here's my high tec motor cover from Wally World for $4.00.Befor(2pics) and after(2 pics) Took on 70 mph winds last week and still holding up.And if blows away $4.00 get an other one.

Way Cool! :D :up

Did not think of duck tape on this high end project but would not count it out it is still early on this project.Wasps what are they we get killer bees out here.And the birds try to make nest in there but move dish east to west and the gears chew up the nest and spit it out the bottom>just keep it greased. LOL

Good ideas guys...

I've been thinking building some feed covers for winter to keep the weather off my 2 most recent additions. I hate seeing them full of ice and snow. I think a trip to the dollar store is in order after seeing this idea. :D

Just take the right measurements with you. I bought one container and was not deep enough. I even painted this one and one side I did not so there is a site through so I can see the motor and reed switch.

Unless I absolutely have to, I tend not to cover things.

I never had a boot on my jack, and never had a freeze-up (that I recall), or moisture/water ingress into the jack works.

Same for the LNBs and such. They were never covered, and I use no tape or grease on coax fittings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)