HIC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
All the HIC does is bridge Hopper/Joey's MoCA network to your LAN. PS3 has no MoCA connections.

Gotcha...thanks...

If I disconnect the ethernet cable from the HIC and plug it into the PS3 then back to the HIC will that hurt anything ???

ashutto20 said:
Gotcha...thanks...

If I disconnect the ethernet cable from the HIC and plug it into the PS3 then back to the HIC will that hurt anything ???

No but your H/J system will lose internet until you plug it back in.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

If you use two HICs it will work.

EX:

Ethernet->HIC->RG-6 Coax->HIC->Ethernet

I am pushing over 6 Mbs throught it right now.

If you use two HICs it will work.

EX:

Ethernet->HIC->RG-6 Coax->HIC->Ethernet

I am pushing over 6 Mbs throught it right now.

That's pretty neat! No issues whatsoever with that setup? Is 6Mbps the max you've gotten out of it?

Unfortunately the most I have to test with.
I tried this at a location where I couldn't run anymore cables and didn't
have a cat 5/6 cable. Very pleased with the results, I have used the Ethernet connection to my 2nd hopper, wii, router/switch, blueray player, and smart TV. Everything works fine with no errors or problems, just plain old Ethernet end-to-end but using the RG6 coax. Very pleased..... Thinking about getting more HICs to reach hard to get places that need Ethernet instead of WiFi.

Nothing else is on the coax except the Ethernet, so the MOCA can use the whole spectrum for data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)