Hidden menu Openbox S9 what for?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

utah2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2010
new york
Hello all :Great site...

Tools >information ok +numerical remote key 1 x5 brings up factory test screen with 6 selections. I guess this is for test purposes at final assembly. Anyone have info on this screen that FTA er could use in setup or like LNB test ?

Also I used dvd disc +RW ( Maxell brand)on my Accurian to record Fawlty Towers episodes disc will now not play in any of 3 difeerent players I have including accurian; all say disc error, invalid disc, or no disc. From reading around I am told some dvd mfgs used a inferior process with dye utilization that could be defective. Anyway of restoring disc ?? I cansee on the disc the space that is used, also disc played fine about six months ago. Thanks

DVD-Rs must be "Finalized" in the DVD Recorder before they will play on any other DVD machine. Some DVD recorders will not even play a recorded disc if you remove it and re-insert it in the same machine unless it is finalized. Try putting it back in the original recorder and look around in the on-screen menu for the option to finalize the disc.

+R DVD

DVD-Rs must be "Finalized" in the DVD Recorder before they will play on any other DVD machine. Some DVD recorders will not even play a recorded disc if you remove it and re-insert it in the same machine unless it is finalized. Try putting it back in the original recorder and look around in the on-screen menu for the option to finalize the disc.

Thanks for response. DVD in question was made & finalized on Accurian & played back many time on different dvd players. Recently when placed in accurian for P/b comes up invalid disc or blank disc & accurian trie to prepare as blank disc. Other players see it as disk error, no disk , invalid. I always look at disc after I record & finalize & can see shiny area & know that disc has recording on it. This disk still shows shiny area. I always understood that when you make recording & finalize disc cannot be unfinalized (RW dics not included). So my thoughts are I don't know what the problems ,or maxell dvd + R are just poor q. Thanks again
Utah

That is the case - or + DVD are closed once finalized...RW is the exception..In regards to the test menu in the openbox they would be used for diagnostics purposes..many stbs have hidden menus....the coolsat 5k and 6k had many options in hidden menus.

utah2 I have had good luck with the maxell brand DVD-R and +Rs. Though the sellers are now resorting to buying their blank media from CMC Magnetics, probably the worst quality in the world, so you have to be careful. Even the Verbatim branded disks which have been high quality, are lately turning out to be C-mags, so I won't buy any more of them. Most dvd -burning programs have a tool to tell you the real media information, or use a program like DVDINFO for windows. You're best bet lately is probably the Sony brand dvd-blanks. Or get the better stuff like Tayo Yuden from supermediastore online. Any disk can go bad but the better quality brands will likely work better.

Often, DVDs that won't play in set-top DVD players, will still read fine in computer DVD drives.
If yours will, make a dupe of it onto a standard blank, and toss out this R/W platter.
(had this problem with a disc I gave to a buddy to play in his Samsung bluray player - he duped it to a different brand of media, and was fine)

Worse yet, it's possible it got erased either by your DVD recorder or your computer.
It may still appear to be written half way, so looking at it is not a reliable indicator of condition.

Sunlight or heat can damage writable discs of any sort.

verbatim disks are the best media or tayo yuden... usually the problems u are mentioning come from poor quality dvds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)