Aug 14, 2009
Ontario
In lnb menu there are:
lnb power: on/off
beep: on/off
BER: 0n/off
What is BER for ?

Nobody knows, it doesn't do anything.

(Neither does the beep setting -- unless you've got different hardware than I do.)

Presumably, BER stands for Bit Error Rate, but I've never seen it displayed anywhere. It would be the inverse of signal quality, but I've never seen any of the various signal quality indicators on different screens fail to show up if BER is set to off.

Thx.
I think that the 2 are in relation to a certain type of error: audio & visual warning.
hope I'll never have to see it.

the file in the unit if it is not modified come with the euro setup unless you update it to the US file then that setting will disappear and all depends who writes the US file....

this is my opinion since mine I purchased it from the Openbox us site and it came with a modified file written here in the US.

Mr.d

Does that mean it does do something with the Euro file? and the beep works too with the euro file?
I too was wondering about that screen .

Kodaz

thing is we will not hit anything in Europe unless you have a Big Ugly Dish and are on the east coast or on a island in Caribbean with Big Ugly Dish..

I've used all manner of European firmwares and I've never found the beep option nor the BER option to do anything. As for the satellite list, I built my own a long time ago because I thought that the naming convention used by the manufacturer was ugly, so it no longer matters to me whether a firmware update comes with American or European satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)