Hiding VOD Channel 1

jporum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I have a 722 running L6.29. There are 21 VOD listings for channel 1. If I go into Locks, Channel Locks, and select 1 - VOD as a channel to be locked out, only the first of the 21 listings gets removed - I still see 20 VOD channel 1 listings.

How do I make all 21 vanish?

I have a 722 running L6.29. There are 21 VOD listings for channel 1. If I go into Locks, Channel Locks, and select 1 - VOD as a channel to be locked out, only the first of the 21 listings gets removed - I still see 20 VOD channel 1 listings.

How do I make all 21 vanish?

You have to go into Locks,then channels locks,select all the channels you want locked.Then go down to UN Hide Locked activate that it should say Show Locked,that means they are locked and they should not show,at least that is how it is on my 625.:)

KAB - The channel 1 VOD listings show up in the All Chan, All Sub, and All HD guide lists. Interestingly, if I try to add channel 1 VOD in my other lists, only the first one shows up (that one that does not show up when I lock the channel 1 VOD), the other 20 do not.

Jhon69 - Yep, I do have the receiver set up to not show locked channels, but 20 (of the 21) channel 1 VOD listings are still there.

In the SF Bay Area we have a channel 1 that broadcasts OTA with 14 subchannels, so having the channel 1 VOD listings interspersed with their listings makes it a bit of a mess.

It seems to 'unhide' about once a week...on tuesdays, i think...which i think is the day that dish updates the offerings available on this 'channel(s)'...i think it's a bug in their software that causes it to unhide...although part of me thinks they're doing it on purpose to try to get me to rent one of the movies...

FitzAusTex said:
It seems to 'unhide' about once a week...on tuesdays, i think...which i think is the day that dish updates the offerings available on this 'channel(s)'...i think it's a bug in their software that causes it to unhide...although part of me thinks they're doing it on purpose to try to get me to rent one of the movies...

I wouldn't doubt it.

I've experienced the same thing on my 622s/722 - lock/hide the VOD channel and like the undead it's back. I complained on customer chat and the CSR set my VOD count to zero, meaning any renting of a movie would require a call into Dish for authorization.