High Definition Channels on Galaxy 19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
So, with the immanent release of the MicroHD, what exactly is available on Galaxy 19 that is in high definition? I'm looking for a comprehensive list...

I'm certain this topic has been covered elsewhere, but it's beyond me what search terms would bring me to that thread.

Thanks guys!

I'll be bold enough to say there is nothing in HD on 97W Ku. Watch somebody prove me wrong now. Here's the link that talks about what's on 97W Ku: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/286141-galaxy-19-97w-ku-tp-inventory.html

Added: HD found: Makong 2 and 3 at 11836 V 20769; UTR at 11967 H 22000; "Service 5" (not sure what this is) at 12022 V 22000

Added2: Rightly so, per Bob2011 (see below), I just checked 97W live. Makong 2 and 3 are MPEG-4 but each are 480i. UTR and Service 5 are both black screens.

Last edited:
Closest thing to HD, is on G-19 is 576i, 50 Hz 25 FPs and the rest are low def videos and 480i 60 Hz 30 FPs. That last time the real HD on G-19 was Fashion TV in 1080i, 60 Hz 30 FPs few years back.:D

But MPEG-4 will carry HD feed to G-19 somedays, you just have to hang in there that's all you can do.....:)

Manually scrolling through all TV channels, there are 6 stations on 12028 H 22000 (KTV1, KTV2, KTV3 included) that are 576i which are clearly nicer video. The rest on 97W Ku are all 480i.

Would Brian from Satellite AV Know if their is any others comming to 97W in the future.

We are qualifying the microHD for Glorystar as one broadcaster requested that we start shipping an MPEG4. They also checked to be verify the resolution. We also have run several tests with uplinkers and clients who are considering MPEG4 SD or HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)