How To Readjust & Store Sat Positions on V Box III with Openbox X3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I am in the process of Scanning in Satellites on my V Box III that I previously had stored on my Azbox Receiver. (I use DisEqC 1.0 to set the Port, and DisEqC1.2 for the Motor Setting). I am now trying to use these same Stored Positions on my new Openbox X3 Receiver. 37 Satellite Positions ie P01 to P37 are already stored on my V Box III. Everything has worked well for Satellites in Positions 1 to 6 on the new X3 Rx. But I am wondering how to Save a slight change in my Actuators Ticks on the new X3 Receiver. If I press OKAY on the new X3 the clicks or Setting just goes back to the Previously saved position when I move to a different Channel.

When I pressed Save on the Azbox Remote the Satellite Position I was currently on would Blink a couple of times and the new Position was saved - but so far can't figure out how to do this with Openbox X3?? Does anyone know if there is a manual position overide I can use on the Actual V Box III Remote Control itself ie Resync, Store, or OKAY, that will save a slight change on the Actuator's position on the X3 Receiver? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Write down all the existing positions and associated sat from the AZ menus.
Connect the X3 to the Vbox.
Use the Vbox remote to move the dish to P01. Trim up the position if needed.
On the X3 motor menu key in a unused position, say P51.
Press save on the motor menu. (This saves both the new P number and the pyhsical position of the actuator at the same time)
This will not overwrite the AZ positions, you can have more than one "P" number for the same or nearby position.
When you are done you will have P-51 to P-87 for the X3, and still have the AZ positions.

Last edited:
Write down all the existing positions and associated sat from the AZ menus.
Connect the X3 to the Vbox.
Use the Vbox remote to move the dish to P01. Trim up the position if needed.
On the X3 motor menu key in a unused position, say P51.
Press save on the motor menu. (This saves both the new P number and the pyhsical position of the actuator at the same time)
This will not overwrite the AZ positions, you can have more than one "P" number for the same or nearby position.
When you are done you will have P-51 to P-87 for the X3, and still have the AZ positions.

Thanks a lot Pixl great helpful info. Yes you are correct in that now when trying to save anything in previous Azbox positions P01 - P37 with my Vbox III, nothing happens when I hook it up to the Openbox X3. That is, the X3 Rx will drive it to those previous positions if I install the same positions on the X3, - but Nothing can be changed or saved. So I will Move or set the X3's V Box count up to starting with say P50 and see if the X3 Rx finally does save the New Positions, thanks hope it works!!

Pixl, it worked well - the key thing was going into the Motor Settings and Saving as you mentioned. Now have 3 Sats on P51, P52 and P53 on the V Box III. Had a problem with individual channel search where the X3 Receiver wouldn't surf between Satellites 97.0W and 99.0W, something was corrupted, but resolved it by "Deleting All Channels" and that fixed everything on a rescan - go figure?? Thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)