High pitch echo on h200 reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bifolchi

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
The Moon
Lately ive noticed theres a high pitch echo when i watch tv, i checked the hdmi cable and even switched to a new one and the problem is still there, i switched over to my regular cable and its fine its just when i watch direct, on all channels
Any ideas?

Are you talking about the H20 receiver? One of the manufacturers had heat issues with their model, which may be causing a capacitor to go. You may want to call Directv and get it replaced. It should be no charge except maybe shipping, unless you have the protection plan, then no charge at all. This is all assuming that Directv agrees it's a defective unit. BTW, replacing it won't extend or renew your commitment if it's a defective unit.

raoul5788 said:
Are you talking about the H20 receiver? One of the manufacturers had heat issues with their model, which may be causing a capacitor to go. You may want to call Directv and get it replaced. It should be no charge except maybe shipping, unless you have the protection plan, then no charge at all. This is all assuming that Directv agrees it's a defective unit. BTW, replacing it won't extend or renew your commitment if it's a defective unit.

Chip, that was the h20-600.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Chip, that was the h20-600.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Yes, the -600 made by LG had some serious heat issues. Too bad, it has the best ota tuner in it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for the OP's problem other than have D* come out and take a look so they can replace the unit.

Okay so the units bad, okay no biggie ill call them first thibg tonorrow
Thanks again to all that helped

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts