Hisense TV's with the Hopper

Midas42

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
IL
Every Hisense TV that I have hooked a Hopper up to has a small problem. The DISH remote will turn the TV on and off and adjust volume, but when you first turn it on there is a screen shot that the DISH remote will not remove. You have to use the Hisense remote to get it off of the screen. Have any of you ran into this issue and is there a solution?

Have any of you ran into this issue and is there a solution?

I have not. But I do still have the issue that, when the H3 turns on a 4K video stream, the Hisense erroneously claims there is no signal. I have to unplug the HDMI cable, and plug it back in again, to watch 4K programs.

• Angry
Reactions: Howard Simmons
I have not. But I do still have the issue that, when the H3 turns on a 4K video stream, the Hisense erroneously claims there is no signal. I have to unplug the HDMI cable, and plug it back in again, to watch 4K programs.

That is one I have not seen. At least you have a solution for your problem.

That is one I have not seen. At least you have a solution for your problem.
I have a hisense 4K plugged into a 4K Joey and don’t have any problem with it like yours. Try changing your hoppers setting to 1080 and see if anything changes. My hisense has 2 4K HDMI porta (on the back) and 2 (1080) on the side. Maybe something to do with the resolution.
Hope it helps!

Reactions: TheKrell
The 1080i/p mode is the preferred mode for Dish receivers connected to HDTV's unless you have an old native 720p set (which would almost certainly not be a 4K TV).

It sounds like a setting on the TV itself that needs adjusting.

Since we do not know what the screen shot looks like or what it says, we are whistling in the dark.

Can you post a picture of the screen shot?

Have you tried a different HDMI cable and/or a different HDMI port on the tv?

The screen shot showing no video? :confused:
OP has not mentioned no video.

In fact he has only said it was a "screen shot that the Dish remote will not remove", which presumably (perhaps not) might have an error message or some other clue as to where it came from. If there is no video, that too is a clue, but it has not been stated. I have no idea what a screen shot looks like.

Reactions: TheKrell
We have the same problem. Hisense roku tv and dish remote. When you turn the tv on it is on the Roku home screen. You have to pick what you want to watch (Live tv, dish, netflix, prime, etc.) but the Dish remote will not move the curser to the desired choice. You have to use the Roku remote. After that the Dish remote will control channels and volume and off

We have the same problem. Hisense roku tv and dish remote. When you turn the tv on it is on the Roku home screen. You have to pick what you want to watch (Live tv, dish, netflix, prime, etc.) but the Dish remote will not move the curser to the desired choice. You have to use the Roku remote. After that the Dish remote will control channels and volume and off
Using roku remote, while on home screen on the left go to settings then system then power then power on then select the input your dish is on. Also while in the power settings I like to turn off both options under auto power savings and then enable quick start if it's available (it will only be available if your tv is internet connected and has updated). After that when you turn tv off and back on it will go straight to dish with no need to use roku remote.

Using roku remote, while on home screen on the left go to settings then system then power then power on then select the input your dish is on. Also while in the power settings I like to turn off both options under auto power savings and then enable quick start if it's available (it will only be available if your tv is internet connected and has updated). After that when you turn tv off and back on it will go straight to dish with no need to use roku remote.
That worked! Thank you!