hispasat 30W (TV CABO zon) in canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grenadexp

Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
ontario
hey, currently im living in the GTA , ontario, and was wondering what LNB, and dish size i need to get the hispasat 30W, to get the TV CABO channels that are transmitted in portugal / europe. i had a friend who had this setup before, but we lost contact, and now i wanted to get this setup as well.

would like some insight on this please!

Welcome to the site. Sorry to be the barer of bad news.
If they're transmitted in portugal / europe think you'd have to be in Europe to receive them. I didn't see that channel listed on any of the N.A. beams on lyngsat.com . Don't see them listed here either. But for the channels listed a 36 inch dish works well.

After a bit of research i found that TV Cabo is a provider in Europe and offer all kinds of packages on Hispasat beamed for Europe only,nothing for North America.
You can get some FTA channels on Hispasat here in North America and i suggest a dish no smaller than 36 inches for a good reception.

Tede

the size in the gta are 36 inch dish need and only have the channels for north america for the Europe side impossible and tv cabo Portugal never I like to have the tv cabo amigo eu sou Portugues.I have the hispasat lnb's are 10600 or 10750 ok

Last edited:
the size in the gta are 36 inch dish need and only have the channels for north america for the Europe side impossible and tv cabo Portugal never I like to have the tv cabo amigo eu sou Portugues.I have the hispasat lnb's are 10600 or 10750 ok

Anything in Portuguese on Hispasat at 30w that I may have missed? Abraço.

TVI International in SD at 11972H 27500, strong despite 5/6 FEC but sadly encrypted , sometimes goes ITC but briefly. You need an MPEG4 capable receiver though , for instance , viewsats ultra would log them in (tv universitaria with AAC audio from a central american country i think as well) but list them as radio since it can not process the video i guess. 90 cm recommended in the GTA but as per hispasat technical info , 75 cm is enough. Any LNBF that covers the 11700 - 12200 linnear Ku frecuencies will do.

Anything in Portuguese on Hispasat at 30w that I may have missed? Abraço.

Nothing unencrypted on 30w but there is TPA, a Portuguese channel from Angola on Telstar 12 at 15w at the following transponder:

TP: 11964
Pol: H
SR: 14714

This is a Ku-band satellite but as this transponder signal level is weak, a 36 inch dish (85 cm) is the minimum dish size required. As long as you are east of Windsor, ON in Canada, it should not be so difficult to receive assuming you have a clear line of sight to the south east.

If you want anything more than this (and RTPi on 97W), you will need a 6 foot (1.8 m) or larger dish to receive the over 50 Portuguese channels available from Brazil on various C-band satellites.

Regards,

PwrSurge

I believe there's a Portuguese feed of Radio France International on the North American beam of Hispasat.

TVI International in SD at 11972H 27500, strong despite 5/6 FEC but sadly encrypted , sometimes goes ITC but briefly. You need an MPEG4 capable receiver though , for instance , viewsats ultra would log them in (tv universitaria with AAC audio from a central american country i think as well) but list them as radio since it can not process the video i guess. 90 cm recommended in the GTA but as per hispasat technical info , 75 cm is enough. Any LNBF that covers the 11700 - 12200 linnear Ku frecuencies will do.

I didn't know they even HAD a TVI International. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.