Hispasat testing 4K broadcasts to North and Central America

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All,

Just as a fair warning, I got a TBS6982 from ebay that is losing packets like crazy on this feed.The video looks like Vincent Van Gogh decided to take up DVB pixel art before he died, not 4K video. Anyway, to be fair, it may be something in my machine. However, I can play the ts from the hard drive in VLC perfectly. Just can't watch the downlink off the card. Bottleneck somewhere?
The system is an i7 LGA2011 3.6GHz (o.c'd to 4.6)
Could it be the card doesn't like the overclock? Will try it without O/C and report.
Suggestions welcome! Been in this business too long to be proud... :D

inthefrey
I tried O/Cing my pc to 4.1 and it didn't lose any packets. it didn't help the minor stuttering i'm seeing on my HW either.

I was curious to see if other PC cards would demodulate it correctly but I only have the 6925
The 6925 is the PCI version of the 5925 - so you should have no problem.

hi lak7. do you get no audio at all just video?
There was no audio on Channel 1, looks like there are 2 audio pids on Channel 2

no nothing special is required. just a .rar file unpacker program. I did take a while to get things (vlc&crazyscan) all working together and me to figure out how to use it. it was all new to me. the 2 hardest things for me was how to initiate the plot & constellation diagram. just click on the highest point on a peak of the spectrum plot. when you have the plot & constellation popup window up the initiate button is the the one with the cat looking at the fish in the fishbowl. then to stream the decoded data from crazyscan to vlc in the plot popup window there are the dropdown buttons for ip streaming. I just use the default 127.0.0.1.6969

I don't understand what the acronym QT is?

When I tried to install CrazyScan, it started asking for a bunch of .dll files I didn't have. I tracked the .dll files to an assembly program called QT.

When I tried to install CrazyScan, it started asking for a bunch of .dll files I didn't have. I tracked the .dll files to an assembly program called QT.
I looked in my crazyscan folder & I have a bunch of QT (version4 I believe) files and other .dll files. I can't remember where I got them from. I can always attach them if you need them.

I fixed my problem of image stuttering or lagging or jumping. there are advanced settings in VLC player that I wasn't aware of. the amount of data cached in memory is changeable. the default is 300milliseconds. after changing all of the input cache values to 2000milliseconds my image stuttering is gone. where to find the settings in VLC is:
tools -- preferences -- bottom left corner change simple to all -- input/codecs -- scroll down to cache values. then save changes.

Reactions: Babadem
I recorded some games of the world cup 2014 in Brazil 4k HEVC.
The games were transmitted through SES6 11943 V 22500.
oi.jpg

I've uploaded the first half of the match Uruguay vs Colombia where James Rodriguez made that great goal.
https://mega.co.nz/#!1hETyTTS!-0wwhIUIejSsQts51AKz0Q_VSrCaH6tBC7MWzlXMIxg
https://mega.co.nz/#!Zg1E3TpT!axMAb9YBwMF4BnaL0XB0AsZq5IigCaSLzSvA9Yo gG8A
https://mega.co.nz/#!051AwZTB!VCuENPAQqDGokwk89WmGyjPwT6gdpHJUmvjZDlV og80
https://mega.co.nz/#!Zg9zkTKL!cPPSr7v5TXafzPciV1uTr6B0ZTMJGwQuDEGv8v0 efhA

The final of the World Cup 2014 will be broadcast in 4K, Sunday, 13/07/2014.

Channel FTA.

Last edited:
That's a great catch alexandrerpo, thanks for the share!

Did you record this in North America or Europe? SES-6 is supposed to have beams to North America, South America, Atlantic and West Europe but I have been unsuccessful in getting a peep of that signal when I've tried previously. Is it strong for you? What size antenna did you use?

I may have to try again on Sunday...

I'm in South America, Brazil, so signal is strong.
Antenna 60 centimeters.
Need to see a footprint, and see if the signal comes in other areas.
No need to wait Sunday to make the appointment, are streaming replay of games (one game after another).

Thanks and Welcome to SatelliteGuys Alexandrerpo!!

Are there any folks in down near Pleasanton, TX that can pick up the Amazonas 4K feed? Just curious. (inthefrey - The 4K Amazonas uplinker )
4kamazonas3.png

Last edited:
So since you are the uplinker, do you know what it is about your feed that you are doing differently from normal DVB-S2 8PSK feeds that prevents most tuners from being able to tune it properly yet?

Because Prof tuners and the cheaper TBS tuners do not work for it. Only people with the high end TBS tuners that do 16APSK/32APSK as well have been able to receive it without problems.

Good question, I had problems with that feed using a 1.2m dish even though I was getting good s/n ratio using EBSpro with my cheap tuner.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Jason S
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)