Hispasat testing 4K broadcasts to North and Central America

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I ordered a TBS6925 and it works just fine with this 4K signal but my cheaper TBS 6982 card had the picture breaking up on me.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So since you are the uplinker, do you know what it is about your feed that you are doing differently from normal DVB-S2 8PSK feeds that prevents most tuners from being able to tune it properly yet?

Because Prof tuners and the cheaper TBS tuners do not work for it. Only people with the high end TBS tuners that do 16APSK/32APSK as well have been able to receive it without problems.

The traffic is 58Mbps of MPEG4 DVBS2 8PSK 2/3 @ 30Msps. Depending on the PC system, the system buss may not be able to carry this much traffic. As has been said, you need the one of "higher end" TBS cards. There is also a buffer configuration that needs modified in VLC. I have been asking Hispamar for a STB. As usual with this kind of technology, the best hardware for the application usually arrives about the time the technology changes. I will post should they send me something or a basic, minimum system requirement. Right now, I'm sending it up in the blind with no way to receive it. We had a prolonged rain fade last week and they called me to check. So, I guess "somebody" is watching it.

Hello All!

After a brief hiatus to upgrade the 6.4m transmit path, we are back on the air with the 4K transmission on Amazonas 3 KU94. There is a rumor that the content on this feed will change to something a little more exciting in the near future. I will keep everyone posted.

Also, can everyone let me know what you are using to receive this feed? The coordinates are in my initial posting. (Amazonas 3 @ 61W , 58Mbps of 4K MPEG4 HEVC - DVBS2 8PSK 2/3 @ 30Msps 12012(V)

Thanks in advance!

(John) inthefrey

Man I wish I had a USB card to test this one. I have the 4K TV already.

I think some folks are going to have issues with the HVEC, but we will find out. Thanks for letting us know!

I have used my 1.2m dish and TBS6925 to receive the feeds, I really like that Sigma Designs is working on a receiver, there hardware has always been great.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: pwrsurge
I will record some content & upload here. it is 58MBS so it will be a huge file. whatès the max file size I can upload here I think 10 mins of content is over 1.4GB.
heres a small recording & 2 pics of my tv. a quick update. since vlc didn't want to play h.265 content for me even though it claims to I am using dvb dream 2.6 now with LAV codecs. most programs wont play .h265 UHDTV files so don't be surprised if yours doesn't. I had to rename it so it would show up on my pc & upload here. (I don't have a file converter). some of the content is from rtve & hispasat & red bull. there are short 3 min clips of skateboarders,skiiers, flowers & animals, a tour of an art museum in Barcelona, European train station, motorcross riders that kinda stuff.

WP_20141211_004.jpg WP_20141211_001.jpg

Attachments

• 0002 4K H.265 noevent 20141211_084250 #1.MP3
    86.1 MB · Views: 196
They've had that same content on a loop for the past 8 months.

I'm excited to hear that they will finally be putting something new on there, just as I have gotten my hands on a 4K TV. ;)

Seems everyone is using the TBS 6925 to get this, that's what I am using to receive it too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)