Hissing sound

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abolad

Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
N Virginia
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and was hoping for someone to help me. I recently had Omegasat 5701 installed, but there seems to be a bothersome hissing sound when I put up the volume and also there is a band that keeps moving from the bottom of the screen to the top in a rolling motion. The quality says ~70%, is it the dish position/quality or the reciever--I have 2 installed and both have the same issue.

TIA

The rolling bar and the audio may be related and could also be the result of a ground loop or failing power supply.

Disconnect the coax running to the dish. Does the bar still travel up the screen? If so, check the grounding on the ground block or dish.

How are you connected to the TV? RCA, RF Coax?

sounds like some kind of interference or grounding issue - or the receiver was just poorly made in some guy's basement. ;)

Be sure to turn off your receiver before disconnecting the satellite-cable!
Then power back on and see if the noise/bar are still there.

As others have suggested, the rolling in the picture is probably due to a ground loop. The audio noise may be exagerated by having the volume turned down on the satellite receiver and turned up extra loud to compensate on the tv or home theatre amplifier.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys abolad!!!!!

Thank you all for your input.
So I changed the audio wires and the component wires and the picture and audio both improved tremendously.
Thanks again

Glad you got it fixed. I almost responded with the warning you would hear around here if you said you heard a new / strange hissing sound -- and now that it has been solved I will post it -- for a chuckle, though around here it is serious. "Get back and stay away. You got a rattlesnake!"

Glad I've not seen any of those rattlers around here this year (yet)....I have killed a few copper heads though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts