Historic night for the NHL

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
Last night was the first time in NHL history that 3 players had natural Hat tricks in one night. Brian Gionta had a hat in the 3rd period against Toronto, Cheechoo had a hat in the first against The Oilers, and Ryan Smyth had a hat against the Sharks in the third period!

It was the second time in NHL history (1919 was the other time) that 2 players had natural Hat tricks in the same game.

tonight The Sharks - Canucks game is 6-4 Sharks and 10 different players have scored ! Incredible.

Digital Dude said:
Last night was the first time in NHL history that 3 players had natural Hat tricks in one night. Brian Gionta had a hat in the 3rd period against Toronto, Cheechoo had a hat in the first against The Oilers, and Ryan Smyth had a hat against the Sharks in the third period!

It was the second time in NHL history (1919 was the other time) that 2 players had natural Hat tricks in the same game.

tonight The Sharks - Canucks game is 6-4 Sharks and 10 different players have scored ! Incredible.

Cool Lets GO SAN JOSE!

I don't know a whole lot about Hockey but is a natural hat trick with no assists involved?

A Natural Hat trick is scoring the three goals consecutively.

And then there is the Gordie Howe Hat trick, scoring a goal, getting an assist, and winning a fight in one game! Old time hockey, eh!!

A Natural Hat trick is scoring the three goals consecutively.

And then there is the Gordie Howe Hat trick, scoring a goal, getting an assist, and winning a fight in one game! Old time hockey, eh!!
The Natural hat trick also is done in the same period as well.
Most consider 3 goals in a game a hat trick, which it is, a natural hat trick is very rare.:eureka
Jason Williams had one last year for the Red Wings in the 1st period on my visit to Columbus :)

I also like Godie's hat trick very well !!!

Jimbo

The natural does not have to happen in one period. You can score a goal in each period and it could be a natural.

Still, very rare, and quite an accomplishment.

OK, so as long as the one person scores the teams goals in succession that is a natural hat trick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)