History and Biography Channels In The Clear?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Is History and Biography still FTA? Are they on the same satellite as the GloryStar channels?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is History and Biography still FTA? Are they on the same satellite as the GloryStar channels?

Not sure why this went so long with people looking at it and not responding, but the answer is a very positive yes. They are on the new SES-1 satellite at 101W, not the 97W of course. You have to scan the seperate TP only.

The twin LNB system will pick these up and the future Glorystar channel planned for the sat.

Last edited:
I wanted to update this thread to include the information that if you are using either of the current automatic downloading updating satellite receivers (200c or 1100c) when it completes the update, you will have to manually scan in the two channels on 101W again.

Fortec Star Mercury II

Menu>>> Installation>>> TP Scan>>> Satellite: AMC4 KU>>>Frequency: 12060>>>Verify minimum 50% Signal Quality reading>>> Press the Yellow Button on the remote to scan>>> Press OK to save.

Hi, Is it SES1-C or SES1-KU? I have a GloryStar Satellite system. When I first set it up ( it was given to me ), I did run across History & bio, but when i did a reset, I lost all of the settings. I'm a newbie, so any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)