History Channel becoming more annoying?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well some people love it, some people hate it.

Personally, I love some of it and HATE some of it. It is what it is. I think they should just go ahead and rename the channel because there is pretty much zero history on it anymore.

IRT doesn't do a whole lot for me but I watch it. Last year they ran a spin-off of it, IRT Deadliest Roads. I totally loved that show! Those roads terrified me as I have a problem with heights. Sadly, they have not rerun any episodes of that show. I wish they would.

So tonight I was watching the Hunting Bin Laden show and I saw a commercial for IRT Deadliest Roads: South America !! YES!!

Season Premiere is Sept 25th. I'll be watching. Because I like it and, it's free.. Free to watch. Or not.. :D

Dee Ann I am so annoyed with the commercials about saving the animals that I am ready to repoint the dish to another bird and say forget about it.

Wow...... How bad can free really be?

Evidently the Hotel Network should quickly scramble this one also and save us all from having to make our own choice to watch the History Channel. LOL!!!

I think our FTA commercials are different than the actual "cable" commercials on subscription. Didn't switch over to the subs on my 410 (like the pause on FTA) but....have you noticed how rough the cut in and cut out for commercials are? That's why I think maybe those conspiracy ads are filler for H.Networks or just "place holders" to be covered by particular carriers. I've never quite understood who is putting commercials in for whom in the FTA/Sub world and where! I know many are covered by cable systems, and those seem different than our subs on the h2h system.

When I had my 4DTV subbed through NPS, the commercials were

actually running over and cutting out parts the programs!!! :rant:

I have not noticed it on the FTA History channel. :)

Dee Ann I am so annoyed with the commercials about saving the animals that I am ready to repoint the dish to another bird and say forget about it.

I know, those are awful images to have to see over and over again. My dad said the same thing about them.
I love nature and all animals a great deal and it's more than I can bear to see those things. When they come on I mute the TV and walk around the house to stretch my legs.

The problem is though that they play these commercials far, far too often, to the point where they drive people away from their cause and instead of drawing sympathy they draw contempt. :(

Commercials will not ever go away. At least they should consider bringing a greater variety of commercials to the mix..

Just my opinion of course..

Wow...... How bad can free really be?

Evidently the Hotel Network should quickly scramble this one also and save us all from having to make our own choice to watch the History Channel. LOL!!!

yep interesting how people get something for free then they bitch about what is on it.

When I had my 4DTV subbed through NPS, the commercials were

actually running over and cutting out parts the programs!!! :rant:

I have not noticed it on the FTA History channel. :)

I think that is a HITS problem.

Can someone please PM me where the FTA feed is, I really want to watch American Pickers tonight.

101W

H

its a 26 channel mux. Shows as "enc 11" if I remember right. Enc12 is Bio
shows up twice...once regular audio. Once AC3 audio

I do not think of it as bitching. I think of it as a motivation, for me at least, to find other offerings in FTA. Am I glad that its FTA? Sure, however it doesn't change the fact that if I was at a hotel watching this channel that I wouldn't be annoyed. The point remains valid, and for me my solution is to repoint.

Its been a good run.

I will not complain about it because I can watch it for free via satellite. However, as a cable subscriber, I think television in general (not just the History Channel) is becoming increasingly difficult to support with monthly payments.

I will not complain about it because I can watch it for free via satellite. However, as a cable subscriber, I think television in general (not just the History Channel) is becoming increasingly difficult to support with monthly payments.

Agreed!!

But.......... the wife and kids NEED their channels.

Amen to that!

I agree. I think most,if not all people are annoyed at this practice.Nick has these things bouncing up and down and distract from the show itself.
When it comes time for the credit,good luck reading them.They shrink the box down so little it is impossible to read.
I think viewers need to start complaining or just stop watching these annoying channels--unless they are of course,free.
Most,if not all cable channels are doing this now,and I think it is BS,because I'm paying to watch the show,not the BS going on at the bottom of my screen.
My guess is,it'll only get worse.
Call or email them them.Tell them you have had enough of their intrusions and your changing the channel.
Maybe even contact the advertisers and tell them your story.
I watch "METV" alot and it's great.(and also free OTA)They should be honored for their clean screen approach to TV.

AntennaTV and MeTv are great but I can't help fearing some Megaentertainmentconglomco will force them into a buyout (at which point they'll replace all the good shows with their own reality filler) or get crushed by extortionate syndication fees

Well the History Channel is officially going down the toilet tonight.

idiot-BS.jpg

Seriously??????? What are they smoking at the History Channel HQ ????

I guess Top Shot, Around the World in 80 Ways and Top Gear wasn't BAD ENOUGH so they came up with this.. :(

It is just another rebranded US import from the UK, like Top Gear, which I happen to like. The Hairy Bikers have been on UK tv for several years. Many of the shows on the Discovery Networks and the A&E Networks are just US branded versions of UK shows. The Hairy Bikers UK Cookoff was pretty good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)