History HD Announced

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wonder if it will be MPEG-2 or MPEG-4?

horse-cart.jpg

D* is the 2nd to lauch History Channel HD, SKY HD was the first about a year ago or more, not sure Fall 05 or 06.

I wonder if with this announcement and the other hd channels they may be offering in the fall if we will see a different price tier for HD in the fall??

DIRECTV First to Launch The History Channel HD (THC HD) Set to Debut in September 2007
by Shane Sturgeon

Excerpt: The History Channel® and DIRECTV, Inc. today announced that DIRECTV will be the first to launch The History Channel HD, a new 24-hour high definition television network, scheduled to debut in September 2007. In addition, A&E HD, which debuted in 4Q 2006, will also launch on DIRECTV in September. The announcement was made by David Zagin, Executive Vice President of Distribution AETN.

Read the Full Bulletin

D* is the 2nd to lauch History Channel HD, SKY HD was the first about a year ago or more, not sure Fall 05 or 06.

how is this possible if the channel does not exist yet? But i have to admit they list it---as an HD channel on their website. According to wikipedia there is a separate British version of the channel in HD and SD. I guess that D8 can be the first weith the American version.

I wonder if with this announcement and the other hd channels they may be offering in the fall if we will see a different price tier for HD in the fall??
Directv claims Price for HD will remain for now,even with launch of new channels. But I bet come 2008 there will be an increase.

Heck, I don't mind paying more....so long as I am getting more ;)

Agreed. D* does not usually give price increases every time they add a channel; and when they do raise rates, it's on the order of $1-$3 / month. Not back-breakers by any means. Besides, HD content is still something of a luxury; you aren't cut-off from the world if you have to watch SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)