Start at the Beginning and Skip to the End

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rldawg

May 22, 2007
Hi guys...newbie here. I've had my HR20 DVR for about 7 weeks now. I have a question?

The TIVO unit had a way to skip to the end of a recording and also to skip back to the beginning with one or two button presses. Does the HR20 DVR have that feature somewhere?

Scenario: I am 30 minutes into a recorded movie. My girlfriend comes home and says. "Oh I'd like to watch that. Can we start it over?" So i say sure, no problem. Then i hit rewind and wait for it to rewind back 30 minuntes to the beginning. On the TIVO unit I could hit the 'skip to the end button once to go to the end and then a 2nd time to go to the beginning. Click Click.

That feature worked great when I missed the last few mins of a show I could use it to skip to the end and then backup a few minutes. rather than fowarding for 1hr and 55 mins.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

Hi guys...newbie here. I've had my HR20 DVR for about 7 weeks now. I have a question?

The TIVO unit had a way to skip to the end of a recording and also to skip back to the beginning with one or two button presses. Does the HR20 DVR have that feature somewhere?

Scenario: I am 30 minutes into a recorded movie. My girlfriend comes home and says. "Oh I'd like to watch that. Can we start it over?" So i say sure, no problem. Then i hit rewind and wait for it to rewind back 30 minuntes to the beginning. On the TIVO unit I could hit the 'skip to the end button once to go to the end and then a 2nd time to go to the beginning. Click Click.

That feature worked great when I missed the last few mins of a show I could use it to skip to the end and then backup a few minutes. rather than fowarding for 1hr and 55 mins.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

Yes there is a way to do this, it's not like the TIVO , but it does work.
IF you hold the forward button down, it will skip the first few, like it should and if you continue to hold it down, it will jump to the next 15 minute segment and continue to skip the segments the longer it's held, it really doesn't take as long as I made it sound, the backwards will work the same way.

Jimbo

You guys rock!!! It always comes down to RTFM. (read the f** manual). I am usually pretty good about this.

So I tried it and I can skip 15 mins forward or back by holding down either Rew or FF. And if you hold down the 30 second advance button it it will skip to the end.

Most excellent!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)