Hitting Two Birds with One Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Last night was optimizing my Channel Master 1.0m dish at Eutelsat 113 W C band for max % quality, thought I was done, then did a blind scan, got GPO Imagen, RTV Hidalgo, UdeGTV, Conoce Mexico. Then, the scan also picked up CityTV and SLN with a viewable signal, which is on 111 W. Am wondering if turning the dish slightly west would put me more on 113W or it's just a problem of using a small dish.

Surprised that a 1m dish optimized on 113w is not also picking up 116w and maybe a few more. Not much attenuation over 4 or 5 degrees on that size dish on C-band frequencies. A 1.2 M dish on 99w with a single LNBF will also pick-up a few transponders from 101w and 97w. Play with the scalar a bit an you should be able to null or allow strong transponders from these adjacent satellites.

Definitely am looking for that elusive 1.2 m dish but will try your suggestion tonight. Might turn it a bit West and see if any 116W comes in. A "bit" means a slight tap with a rubber hammer. :smash Really is an interesting project though. Nights are better due to absence of sun glare on the monitor screen.

Also bought a nice canvas drop cloth when working at the dish, easier on the knees, keeps you clean, and any dropped parts are easily found.

I have the same problem receiving 111w and 113w Brian is right small dish has a wide window of interference from adjacent satellites. true c band is best on a 10 footer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts