HMC Whole Home DVR – HR34/H25 – Final questions before I switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
DishSubLA said:
No Trick Play in other rooms using the HR25 is a MAJOR deal breaker. I was ready to ditch Dish for DTV because my monthly costs would decrease with DTV. However, now it looks like I just may wait for Dish and their XiP which will use clients in all other rooms, meaning full Trick Play in other rooms. That is a MUST for us. The only downside to switching to DTV would have been the loss of H2 HD (now programming NEW content, much more new stuff for 2012, not just old re-runs), Nat Geo Wild HD, and BBC America HD, as I watch those 3 quite a bit and it would have hurt a bit.

However, if the other rooms cannot operate as a client using the HR25's, then it is off. I am aware of the RVU, but I don't have the compatible Samsung TV's and I'm NOT going to run out now and buy HDTV's just to work as clients. This is still a very new product. Please let us know if we have misunderstood this deal breaker or if there is some way for DirecTV to, via software, etc., to have the HR25's operate as clients OR if DTV offers Clients of its own instead of HR25's. I hope that is possible as DTV would save a fair amount of money per months compared to Dish. Thanks.

It's a HR-34. Just gonna throw that out there

Actually, gighurtz got it right. I am referring to playing back or otherwise viewing live TV with the HR25 in the other rooms, not in the same room as the HR34HMC where one can also get PIP. Just throwing that out there. Thanks, again, gighurtz for correcting Huth :).

OK, I'll be waiting for DTV to offer some clients that allow for all Trick Play. Thanks to all for the clarification.

One more clarification, there is no HR25, it's an H25.

Actually, gighurtz got it right. I am referring to playing back or otherwise viewing live TV with the HR25 in the other rooms, not in the same room as the HR34HMC where one can also get PIP. Just throwing that out there. Thanks, again, gighurtz for correcting Huth :).

OK, I'll be waiting for DTV to offer some clients that allow for all Trick Play. Thanks to all for the clarification.

But by hitting record, instead of pause, from an HR25 I would essentially get all the trick play and normal DVR functions correct? Not a great solution but a work around.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)