HMC?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fr8flyr

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 4, 2003
Providence Forge, VA
I have the Home Media setup with an HR34, HR24 and 2 H25's. My question, to the knowledgeable guys here, is this. When I record something on the HR34 it shows in the list on all the receivers. If I record something specifically on the HR24 it only shows in the list on the HR24. I thought all recordings were supposed to be available from every receiver. Is something wrong with my setup, or am I confused and the system is working correctly?

Earl

I have the Home Media setup with an HR34, HR24 and 2 H25's. My question, to the knowledgeable guys here, is this. When I record something on the HR34 it shows in the list on all the receivers. If I record something specifically on the HR24 it only shows in the list on the HR24. I thought all recordings were supposed to be available from every receiver. Is something wrong with my setup, or am I confused and the system is working correctly?

Earl

Maybe "sharing" is turned off in settings menu? Check it!

fr8flyr said:
No, sharing is setup on both DVR's.

Earl

Unhook everything from the power source including power supply and let it all sit for about a minute then plug inserter back in and slowly start plugging your boxes back in. This may fix the issue

If you have MRV all DVR's should be able to be shared....do what hutch said. Unplug everything and slowly plug stuff back in

I tried the plugging trick but everything but is still the same. I guess I'll spend the day on the phone with tech support when I have the time.

Earl

Let me be sure I understand your issue. When you record something on your HR24 you only see the recordings on your HR24 and you see none of the HR34 recordings on your HR24. If this is so, do you have MRV turned on on your 24? I have read a number of posts here where something goes wrong in authorization and MRV on a particular receiver does not get set. I would certainly check on this before dealing with customer service. (On edit: you may have checked this, but I just thought I would ask one more time.)

And one more thing would be helpful, what are the settings on all your MRV options? Mine are as follows and everything works.
Share Playlist: Share Playlist:Yes
Allow Deletion From: All Rooms
External Device: External Access: Allow
Current Program: Allow
Recordings: Allow
Newtorked DVRs
BEDROOM: Sharing On, Deletion On

Last edited:
I have all the settings set correctly. The HR24 sees all the recordings made on the HR34, as well as any recordings that were set on the HR24. The HR34 doesn't see any recordings made on the HR24, just the recordings made by the HR34.

Earl

Shut everything down. Power everything up. Do the repeat network setup and make sure sharing is on on everything.

I have 2 H25's, an HR34, and HR24 and we can see all the recordings from any receiver anywhere in the house. Didn't do anything special to accomplish it either.

Thanks for the help guys. I tried the power down start up one more time and now everything is working correctly.

Earl

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)