These problems with HR34 HMC makes me worried...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes this is a common complaint despite what some may say. I've experienced this lag as well but the hr24's are the fastest Dvrs directv has so far. overall I'm also pleased with the hr34 even with the occasional lag. Worse Dvrs I've ever used were between the hr21's-23's. My experience is limited to 10 years with dish and almost 5 years with directv so I'm sure there are much worse out there.

This is one reason why I hung on to my HR20's for so long (and the OTA tuner), the 21-23's just didn't have enough to offer to upgrade to each of them as they came out.

They could have skipped the whole series of them except they would have had NOTHING new till the H/HR24's if that was the case.

Yes this is a common complaint despite what some may say. I've experienced this lag as well but the hr24's are the fastest Dvrs directv has so far. overall I'm also pleased with the hr34 even with the occasional lag. Worse Dvrs I've ever used were between the hr21's-23's. My experience is limited to 10 years with dish and almost 5 years with directv so I'm sure there are much worse out there.
I just got an HR-34 and it's a bit laggy but I will gladly deal with that since I have FIVE tuners. Can't wait for NBA season to start.

I have it hooked up in the bedroom via component and then a 50 ft HDMI cable going to the living room. I change the remotes to RF instead of IR so I think that might be part of my slow response problem.

I think most of the recvrs are sent out before they should, this goes for many companies.
The HR20's came out before they were ready, but public pressure/demand forced them out.
We went 3-6 months before the OTA portion was turned on and made available to us.

Unfortunately this is the case with most everything now.. Basically since the dawn of upgradeable firmware we the consumer have become paying beta testers for every device we buy.. what's really disgusting is when device development is abandoned before all the bugs are worked out, and then you're stuck with it.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using some Tappity Talkity thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts