This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hmmm... France 24 gone from NSS806?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
For the last couple months or so I have been enjoying France 24 in Eng and French on NSS806 at TP 3803 V 26860. Now it does not seem to be there any more, disappeared in the last couple of days. Just me? Other usual channels coming in nicely, so I don't think it is a dish tweak issue.

I found nine channels but they all are scrambled it appears. I had France 24 on a different transponder which is no signal for me now.

Scratch that. You are talking 47.5W and I'm thinking 58.0W. I can't get that far east

If you can 'see' 58W you can watch there using 3840 H 27690. A live stream is also available on Youtube:

I've never seen France 24 at 47.5w, but it is, or at least was at the parameters you listed on SES-6 at 40.5 w. Not home so can't check right now. It is also on 58w as others have mentioned.

Yes, I knew about 58W and the Net stream, thanks, however it was convenient to have a number of stops on the one bird for which I have a stationary dish. Ah well, easy come easy go. I'll keep an eye on it.

lost_mesa I too was suprised to find France 24 there, but there it was. The signal was borderline on my 10 footer, but reliable. I'm a bit confused about NSS806 location, in some places it is 40.5 W and others 47.5 - I think I am at 40.5. Maybe I should be calling it SES-6 since I think NSS was replaced very recently.

It is best to just refer to the position in the sky, that never changes

No problem. I sometimes find the satellite names confusing, so I just use the longitude. These days I have to look up the names, but I do still remember that Satcom F2 was at 119w back in the late 70s.

Anyway, reliable sources say NSS806 is at 47.5w and SES-6 is at 40.5w. France 24 showed up at 40.5w back around April if I remember right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.