Hmmm... Super Powers

A service like Netflix would definitely hurt their model - they have competing services (PPV, VOD, and BB@Home).

I don't think it would. I have Netflix and have maybe used one of the dish services once or twice in the last year. Those items were free or with a subscribed package(hbo), which has been on for the life of the account.

To have my tv and netflix in one box, same input on the tv would be great! I would think for a lot of families it would go over great too and perhaps keep people from switching providers because they like only having to use one box. Now if they could add a Bluray player to the hopper as well. :)

It works quite well, one if my Joeys has been on WiFi for more than a year and it has worked OK over all four floors of my townhouse with my two year old Apple Airport. You will always have to have decent WiFI to work, old or new Joey. Only way to tell if it will work in your bedroom is to order the adapter at https://my.dish.com/customercare/or...sories.do?order=accessories?order=accessories
and try it.

But it works for the satellite part , with out coax hooked up , not just the internet part ? Like the ATT U-verse receiver you can take anywhere in your home with wifi ?

But it works for the satellite part , with out coax hooked up , not just the internet part ? Like the ATT U-verse receiver you can take anywhere in your home with wifi ?
Works exactly the same as the coax. Plug in the WiFi adapter and after acknowledging on screen prompts, disconnect the coax. The screen will freeze a few seconds and then resume working normally.

So, now that we've seen as much as we have about the "Super" Joeys, that pretty much quells the thoughts of there being a Hopper3 introduced, huh? I guess that means we go back to hoping they can undo all the damage to the existing Hoppers from the recent software "updates".

Yup I had my Joey on WiFi for 1.5 years. I have three large antennas on my AP for coverage all throughout the house. I now have the Joey on Ethernet as it's stationary right next to my main router.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

So now we're hoping for a HWSWRWBD?

Hopper With Sling With Roku With BD player?

;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

They might have a node that will allow one sat cable to be turned into 2 sat cables like the old dishpro separators. So they could build a node that takes three sat coaxes and it turns each one into two sat coaxes or 6 total. IF they were smart they would build a lnb with this node inside of it and looks like the current triple lnbs and eliminate the node completely. This would make installs a breeze and eliminate all the wiring that we have to do today to set up the current hopper/joey system.

The only viable option is to only require 1 single Sat cable coming from the LNB to the node not two and not three. We constantly go back behind perfectly good dual line cable installs from just a few years ago to have to run a 3rd line for dual node uses when someone upgrades like this. Most of the time you run into what would look like a full new install due to perfect vision cable used which works just fine or following along a double line to add another which looks really bad when you bunch up cables going along a house wall.

Many have talked about Netflix, I will admit one nice feature I like about my tv is a Netflix button on my tv remote

I really have a feeling Dish is going to come out with some great announcements that will get a lot of people excited. In the past Dish has come out with some crappy moves to piss people off only to follow it up with some great announcement that makes people want to hang around.

They almost always have some changes made right before Team Summit and CES. It's like they just test out the changes made and then make the appropriate adjustments for their big announcements at CES and Team Summit. It's like they are trying to help build up their press conference.

The only viable option is to only require 1 single Sat cable coming from the LNB to the node not two and not three. We constantly go back behind perfectly good dual line cable installs from just a few years ago to have to run a 3rd line for dual node uses when someone upgrades like this.

Well, y'all (I can say that now since I've lived over half my life in the south) should have run 3 lines to begin with. Failure to do so is just jaw-dropping. Oops; not southern. :( Ah... Er... You've been caught with your PANTS down!

I really have a feeling Dish is going to come out with some great announcements that will get a lot of people excited. In the past Dish has come out with some crappy moves to piss people off only to follow it up with some great announcement that makes people want to hang around.

They almost always have some changes made right before Team Summit and CES. It's like they just test out the changes made and then make the appropriate adjustments for their big announcements at CES and Team Summit. It's like they are trying to help build up their press conference.

Should be a good one! Will be exciting to hear the announcements

I got word that the Virtual Joey will be annound later tonight at CES Unvaled later tonight.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well, y'all (I can say that now since I've lived over half my life in the south) should have run 3 lines to begin with. Failure to do so is just jaw-dropping. Oops; not southern. :( Ah... Er... You've been caught with your PANTS down!

cost factor for those that have to buy their own supplies like sub contractors. Two lines has been perfectly fine for all these years and even now its more than enough for most installs but it looks horrible and sometimes more difficult to run the additional 3rd line on top of a double. I see no reason why they can't concentrate on technology for using 1 line for everything like Direct uses which seems to work fine for them.