Hmmm... Super Powers

Super Joey would be a great replacement for one of my Joeys but (1) how much more per month would it be (versus the $ 7) and (2) do I have to pay a tech to switch it out?

Super Joey would be a great replacement for one of my Joeys but (1) how much more per month would it be (versus the $ 7) and (2) do I have to pay a tech to switch it out?

All will be answered - probably at the end of Q1.

Question is - BIG question is how do you wire the hopper up and a super joey from the Dish?!!? Are they coming out with a new node, again perhaps one that only requires a single line from LNB to save money and time or will they now give us a new node and a new LNB that has 4 outputs and require two double lines for 4 total lines from the dish to the node?

I love hearing about new equipment but the behind the scenes information is the most important for a consumer and a technician.

Question is - BIG question is how do you wire the hopper up and a super joey from the Dish?!!? Are they coming out with a new node, again perhaps one that only requires a single line from LNB to save money and time or will they now give us a new node and a new LNB that has 4 outputs and require two double lines for 4 total lines from the dish to the node?

I love hearing about new equipment but the behind the scenes information is the most important for a consumer and a technician.

I'm right there with ya. I love hearing about all the new stuff but as a retailer it kills me not knowing how this will all work and what the fees are going to be. I know Dish wants everyone to find out at once so no information gets leaked out but now that everyone knows it's time to release the details to us. As a retailer I should have that info as soon as the press conference is over.

Best guess is that sj will use the 2nd host port on a duo node. It's been stated it has 2 tuners and the host port would provide a sat feed for the tuners and moca for whole home.

As a current 2-Hopper / 1-Joey household, I am trying to decipher all this information and determine if I should replace the 2nd Hopper with a Super Joey.

If I did that, would the 5 tuners be integrated, or would it still look like it does currently where timers and recordings are segregated by box?

Also, will there be a fee for the Virtual Joey app? If not, this seems like a great opportunity to convince my wife to let me buy a PS4.

Best guess is that sj will use the 2nd host port on a duo node. It's been stated it has 2 tuners and the host port would provide a sat feed for the tuners and moca for whole home.

It would be stupid to keep the same triple line requirement from the Dish to the duo node. The idea here is to go with less cables and less of a mess on an install or a upgrade not more. I don't think they look at it from this end at all but more so on a sales pitch which turns into aggrevation for most customers and the tech when they come to do it when all the fine details come out such as cable requirements.

As a current 2-Hopper / 1-Joey household, I am trying to decipher all this information and determine if I should replace the 2nd Hopper with a Super Joey.

If I did that, would the 5 tuners be integrated, or would it still look like it does currently where timers and recordings are segregated by box?

Also, will there be a fee for the Virtual Joey app? If not, this seems like a great opportunity to convince my wife to let me buy a PS4.

You won't be able to make a decision until more information is released. Once I get all the details I'm going to look at my 2 Hopper/2 Joey setup and see if there are any beneficial changes I can make also.

3 lines from the lnb, two of those lines feed the node. The third line would probably feed the SJ in conjunction with a splitter or something that allows the SJ to connect to a client line so the Hopper and SJ can see each other. I'm sure the installation and setup would be pretty simple.

They REALLY need to get rid of DPP and come up with something new.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

It wouldn't surprise me if there were a new node for use with the SJ, probably similar to a duo node. But I'm just speculating.

Diplexers return! The old TV2 line to the node or tap for the MOCA and the DPP line from the switch or dish.

I wonder what kind of specs the new regular Joey will have.

Super Joey has a processor comparable to HWS Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Interesting! But I meant the plain-Jane Joey 2.0. The one replacing the current one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts