Hmmmm.....maybe Brett Farve is NOT retiring...

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I had a strange feeling that he was not ready and his agent has every reason to deny it, so I am taking what he says with a grain of salt.

LOS ANGELES (TICKER) —Brett Favre could be having second thoughts about retirement.

According to a Los Angeles Times report, the former Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, is contemplating a comeback with another team.

Citing NFL sources, the Times reported Thursday that Favre has been quietly talking with teams about their interest in trading for the three-time NFL Most Valuable Player.

On March 4, Favre, who played with the Packers for 16 seasons, announced his retirement during an emotional press conference at Lambeau Field.

However, Favre, 38, has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players’ union.

Favre’s agent, James “Bus” Cook, told the Times he was not aware of his client’s possible interest in resuming his career.

“That’s news to me,” Cook said. “I don’t think it has anything to do with anything. He’s retired, period, point blank.”

During his press conference, Favre denied he retired because the Packers did not make a more aggressive attempt to sign wide receiver Randy Moss.

However, Favre’s decision came one day after the New England Patriots re-signed Moss to a three-year contract worth $27 million.

Report: Favre re-thinking retirement - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I think this is just his agent making noise.

I doubt that he's coming back with someone else, why would he, the team he left was in great shape to continue on to playoff regulars.
The D* is young and getting better every week
The Offense with Favre is very good ......

If he wanted to continue playing why did he not just take his time telling the Pack like he has the last few years.

Jimbo

I think this is just his agent making noise.

I doubt that he's coming back with someone else, why would he, the team he left was in great shape to continue on to playoff regulars.
The D* is young and getting better every week
The Offense with Favre is very good ......

If he wanted to continue playing why did he not just take his time telling the Pack like he has the last few years.

Jimbo

You said it right there.."the team he left was in great shape to continue on to playoff regulars"....and more than likely, they told him whether he comes back or not, they were gonna go with the kids because they think he is ready. He didn't like it, and decided to retire. Now this of course, is speculation on my part.....but this is EXACTLY what they did with Marino in Miami. When Jimmy Johnson took over the Dolphins, he was DYING to get Marino to retire so they can "move on without him".

You said it right there.."the team he left was in great shape to continue on to playoff regulars"....and more than likely, they told him whether he comes back or not, they were gonna go with the kids because they think he is ready. He didn't like it, and decided to retire. Now this of course, is speculation on my part.....but this is EXACTLY what they did with Marino in Miami. When Jimmy Johnson took over the Dolphins, he was DYING to get Marino to retire so they can "move on without him".

Good point !

Hey, Detroit STILL needs a real QB !!!!

Come on Millen .... Oh never mind.

Jimbo

Never say never. Favre has shown us in the past that he has a difficult time walking away from the game. This is the line that throws me off.......

"However, Favre, 38, has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players’ union".

^ The door is still open.

He isn't coming back.

Never say never. Favre has shown us in the past that he has a difficult time walking away from the game. This is the line that throws me off.......

"However, Favre, 38, has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players’ union".

The door is still open.

That section in bold says ALOT.

Good point !

Hey, Detroit STILL needs a real QB !!!!

Come on Millen .... Oh never mind.

Jimbo

Oh yeah, I can see that happening:rolleyes:, Favre and the Lions rolling into Lambeau Field.
Seriously, what could the Lions possibly offer to entice him to play here? I mean besides our stellar offensive line, impressive running game, top-rated defense - Oh wait that's Green Bay I just described.
I've said it before, I won't believe he has retired until the games start without him.

The only team he should even consider playing for are the Saints, in his home state.

That ain't happening.

Enjoy your free time and get some sleep, man.

Where is Brett in his contract ?
If this is his last year of his current contract, anyone can make a realistic run at him.... Otherwise they would owe the Packers compensation.

Jimbo

Oh yeah, I can see that happening:rolleyes:, Favre and the Lions rolling into Lambeau Field.
Seriously, what could the Lions possibly offer to entice him to play here? I mean besides our stellar offensive line, impressive running game, top-rated defense - Oh wait that's Green Bay I just described.
I've said it before, I won't believe he has retired until the games start without him.

Well, considering Favre threw a "hissy" 2 years in a row for Green Bay not attempting to sign a top receiver like Randy Moss, Detroit has 2 able big-name receivers in Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams. Not that I think that would ever happen, but just saying.....

Well, considering Favre threw a "hissy" 2 years in a row for Green Bay not attempting to sign a top receiver like Randy Moss, Detroit has 2 able big-name receivers in Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams. Not that I think that would ever happen, but just saying.....

Kinda hard to complete a pass to those "big-name" receivers, when you're looking through your earhole, or pulling the turf out of your face guard.

And what, nobody wanted him? It took 8 years, because he didn't need the money. You can bet the timing on the filing was determined by his financial advisers.

It's not that nobody wanted him, everyone wanted him and DIDN'T want him. He was looking for the perfect situation for him and 99% of the teams didn't think he was serious about coming back....so nothing ever materialized.

It's not that nobody wanted him, everyone wanted him and DIDN'T want him. He was looking for the perfect situation for him and 99% of the teams didn't think he was serious about coming back....so nothing ever materialized.

DING, DING, DING. We got a winner! Don Pardo, tell us what our winner gets...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)