Hobbyist Open Source Satellite Receiver - Raspberry Pi 2???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I finish up what I'm doing on my Pi2 soon, I may get a usb card and follow along with what your doing. You're using a TBS 5922, right?

If I finish up what I'm doing on my Pi2 soon, I may get a usb card and follow along with what your doing. You're using a TBS 5922, right?

Correct, the tbs5922 is my main focus because I have open source drivers for it in hand. I also have a Tevii S662 but I have yet to find open source drivers for it. In a previous post I found the Tevii S660 open source driver code in with the kernel source and modified the USB ID string before compilation. In my spare time I will fiddle with it and see if there is anything that I can accomplish. All of the closed source drivers are usually x86 not ARM7.

EDIT: Here is a handy tip. Use a smaller size sd card like an 8GB. I have found that 16GB images eat up a lot of space on my laptop and take longer to read and write. They also take long time to copy up to file server for archive. I would think for a media server or dvr, a big disk drive is preferable.

I save and catalog all my images at every step:
OpenelecRev1 Rev2 etc....
Kerneldev Rev1 Rev2 etc...
Other images Rev1 Rev2 etc...
You can see how a smaller size will save time and archival space.

Last edited:
Fred just want to say again how much your hard work on this project is appreciated!!

These guys here; these gals here; IT; is a great design; so the board is based on the lnbf output (h or v) sourcerer! Does each channel come up as each piece of the network; i did not see a link for the remote control; or ability to "tune it in"; like a skin on the andoid machine spark. These, along with multi-cast definition are use of pink slips; perking the coffee pot; because of architecture mechanics? Cable has long used these typed runs. My browser is a xxx per showing or xxxxxx
freq=11789?
pol=v
srate=28125
autoconfiguration=full
multicast=0
multicast_ipv4=0
multicast_ipv6=0
unicast=1
ip_http=192.168.0.3
port_http=5000

what I needed however, was the board and build more costy than my 200 dollar minuscule fee. I saw how great they plucked the 11789 etc. The mini-atx did have the limit's on; and right in the browser. This will be a challenge; as you have to multi-cast; i believe; and this is a place for key and s typed browser defines; right in the plucker.

If you keep it singlecast; the update could replace the channel and polarity and change between S or etc. typed defines keeping the machine the same network info as un-impeded; but the amount of time will make it pay (but not ignoring the network traffic). It will flash the power cycle; is in where the memory changed needs to not-start; then the machine; after power loss; will go back to the info file!

Now I can build a browser in the "anymachine" mentality; and poof; bucket tv!

Why i bought a googler. On a FTA noter; these people who are posting here are the providers of some great thinking. I cannot think of anything easier than myself being even close to understanding any one of the thing.

To pluck a chicken; man, what a concept. I will need 200 to start doing it. Now, the accesses and keys type or the subbed typing is not here; people for the cabler company also work there; the network becomes a headend single direction video. Somebody please tell everybody what they are doing.

You pleased to announce; how much tv there really is on my FTA dish every day of the week this stuff works. What and where to get enough of this device might help me do better work. Tell them again what they need and they are happy; and it looks great!

Last edited:
Practical and Fun Application of This Technology

Take your favorite shows camping, tailgating, to the beach or summer rental!
No wires, stream to your favorite device, or Pi based TV tuner.

FtaGosm.jpg

Practical and Fun Application of This Technology

Take your favorite shows camping, tailgating, to the beach or summer rental!
No wires, stream to your favorite device, or Pi based TV tuner.

View attachment 105508

oh yah; now that is port-able Carrier class bacon, potato, and x-unlight (...baked a cake, task is the stick (wi-fi)).
I noticed the two supplies 5 + 7.5; the 12 vdc drawer battery (draw at full power is the reg. PS; and the (a2) sized usb-2/3 singled port; after trach has a "lake to bak"e selector (sw) camp-out at the mound's (satellite dish lnbf does it) bar (previously defined channel; lick). The channel has already been open crispied (the fire is in the lnbf; keep it well isolated with the tuner) and you may find out what the meter will show is open to suggestive lock (stream). Still there! (IT is called cas/cam)...the un-used ATSC calf boot; used in light projection Carrier co trol; nodes up is really not ignored; the number of these compares itself to a real cable company (. If you put this on a non-fta network (internet) then the base 6 seems to be too big; and the number of chaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnel's; relationship to clone machine language is their numbering system all by itself. If the switch they use is a network switch typical counting up does matter flow uphill, yes, their names are theirs (how they count the data link) $$$.

oh ya !(not yet) does this just attach (like) itself? Yes, i really want it now that is a backwards slingshot (i will not tell you what this is)!(my neighborhood is wifi max sit in hill)...takes a wire it up; lite it up; attitude, gimme.

Up here in Oregon, they still own their air too (only a few states did; OH MY GiD, my satellite dish just rolled over; shakin like a dream team in the wind today; it moves an inch anyways at 10 feet, it is not much until the wind stays a 30-80 mph); and wifi max is a cutit up slicer in 2.4 and 5.8 and has to 3.65. I was going to cut the bacon and bird it. The noise is starting to dephen their beacon's; it is a wifi-max typical yo let's go altitude they sit on!

Last edited:
I was glad I installed wifi max and band at too 3.65.(100's) in my area The long range finder talked in signal to noise; and Max is fallen overboard.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/attachments/ftagosm-jpg.105508/

What does it look like; what does it do; can I have one too? Those who have one can show me one and sell me one. And then I will watch my satellite dish on my computer using my wifi connection. and if it wasn't fred555; I do not know what it will do (it is one of his sons).
ftagosm-jpg.105508

Last edited:
And it might be the last post on satguys. I want the box that handles all 3 communication's; directly out to the internet. And directly in to feed the internet. I want my browser to be an access, as well as an ATSC output at home theatre level. I want the computer in the living room and on the 30 foot big screen to see it to. And each of the devices can take over control of the item they are on. That's all, as well as usb-2 and 3; hdmi 2.0 networks.

Update:
Help Needed with Tevi S662 in Windows for testing.

I switched gears and started working with the Tevii S662 since the S660 had driver source, headers and includes to other modules that I could follow in the new kernel source. I just started with the dw2102.c file replacement and followed the dependencies wherever they took me. It been taking a while since you have to wait for a 4 hour compile to complete just to get a failure and go back to the drawing board. But I am at the point where the Tevii S662 is recognized by the kernel and mumudvb on the Pi2. After compiling and fixing things for three days straight. Valuable experience to tackle the TBS5922 soon.

The problem is the tuner wont find anything on the PI or in Windows! I may have a bad Tevii.
I switch the cable over to my TBS5922 on the other linux box and boom channels, not an issue with my dish setup.

First I need some help with the tuner in Windows. See the attached picture and tell me if I have the scan settings correct.
The transponder frequencies, polarities and symbol rates in their 97W transponder file are mostly valid.
The second picture looks like its getting a good signal, just no channels.

S662.jpgS662Signal.jpg

Attachments

• 97W transponders.txt
    529 bytes · Views: 134
Last edited:
Update:
Help Needed with Tevi S662 in Windows for testing.

I switched gears and started working with the Tevii S662 since the S660 had driver source, headers and includes to other modules that I could follow in the new kernel source. I just started with the dw2102.c file replacement and followed the dependencies wherever they took me. It been taking a while since you have to wait for a 4 hour compile to complete just to get a failure and go back to the drawing board. But I am at the point where the Tevii S662 is recognized by the kernel and mumudvb on the Pi2. After compiling and fixing things for three days straight. Valuable experience to tackle the TBS5922 soon.

The problem is the tuner wont find anything on the PI or in Windows! I may have a bad Tevii.
I switch the cable over to my TBS5922 on the other linux box and boom channels, not an issue with my dish setup.

First I need some help with the tuner in Windows. See the attached picture and tell me if I have the scan settings correct.
The transponder frequencies, polarities and symbol rates in their 97W transponder file are mostly valid.
The second picture looks like its getting a good signal, just no channels.

View attachment 105529View attachment 105533

it looks like the lnb is setup wrong in your program what i have noticed in windows dvb software is that north American ku standard lnbf is label as ku circular and the ku standard is for ku universal lnbfs

it looks like the lnb is setup wrong in your program what i have noticed in windows dvb software is that north American ku lof is label as ku circular and the ku standard is for ku universal lnbfs

What are the correct settings for LOF 1, LOF 2, and LOF SW? 10750, 10750 and ?LOF SW?

What are the correct settings for LOF 1, LOF 2, and LOF SW?
Which dvb program are you using because there may be a ku circular setting which will set LOF to just 10750

The settings for LOF 1, LOF 2, and LOF SW Is for universal ku lnbfs that you have to specify ku low frequency ku high frequency and the switching ku frequency

lof 1 should be the lnbf you are using ;; 10750 is standard L.O. local oscillator (10600 is if universal lnbf lo for NA); lof 2 0 (other lnbf if standard and 9750 if universal 22 khz. "off") lof sw none for standard lnbf; and 22 khz "on" (555timer) if universal for 10600 would be in lof 2 (22 on) NA frequencies; and 9750 would be in lof 1 22 off? Some of the receivers have auto-detection for SW; some receivers have blind scan. switches in lnbfs universal can need other lo sets; but the switch is always high (22 on) to get the middle of NA frequencies in bandwidth. I am watching Madame Sec. (good wife?)

LOF - line your firing control on. where the 14/18 vdc siwtches; and any other switch tone. if one wire to lnbf lof 1 is the wire going to it.

Last edited:
It is the program that comes with the TEvii S662, called tevii player. I put in 10750,10750,10750. It is uses a standard Ku lnbf. I also tried 10750, blank, blank.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)