Hockey Blackouts?

blts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
WNY
Does anyone know why TW here in Rochester NY (14617) has blacked out all of the NY Rangers, NY Islanders and NJ Devils this year on MSG. Last year at least half of these games were shown,depending on if the Buffalo Sabres were playing. This year all of the games are blacked out except for the Sabres. I called TW and they are clueless as to why. I know if I still had Direct TV that these games would be available in my zip code.

If I recall correctly, DirecTV has a different contract with MSG than TWC has. As a result the blackout rules are different between the providers. Sabres exclusivity with MSG/TWC is so tight now here in Buffalo that we don't even see the replays of Ranger (or Rangers in 60 for that matter), Devils or Islanders games anymore.

It's been a few years since I had DirecTV, but when I did have it we got all of the NYC area team games and replays.

I was just wondering why all of a sudden this year Time Warner stopped showing the Rangers,Islanders and the Devils here in Rochester when last year they showed some of their games. Time Warner tells me that Rochester is in the blackout area but Direct TV says I am out of the blackout area. So why do they each tell me something different. I ended up getting GameCenter so now I get all of the games in HD and you get to choose either the home or away broadcast's. It is also much better than Center Ice thru cable which only offers usually one broadcast of each game and not all of the games in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts